Front End Developer at Ethereum Foundation
We need one to Take the lead on new projects, while expanding and improving on some of the existing work-in-progress projects that we have recently started.
- Experience with Three.js
- Experience building 3D graphics and animations
- You have a keen interest in interaction design and creating memorable user experiences that create moments of delight.
- You have experience implementing and adapting mobile-first design methodologies, as well as developing and maintaining design systems with robust component libraries.
- You’re a great teammate, participating in design and code reviews, pairing, and mentoring as needed to make our team better.
- You're passionate about the crypto/blockchain/Ethereum space and have dabbled with the developer tools available and are looking to learn more about web3 development.
About the Ethereum Foundation
The Ethereum Foundation (EF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting Ethereum and related technologies. The EF is not a company or even a traditional non-profit. We do not control Ethereum, nor are we the only organization that funds the critical development of Ethereum-related technologies. We are part of a large ecosystem of organizations, individuals, and companies that support Ethereum. Our mission is to do what is best for Ethereum’s long-term success. Our role is to allocate resources to critical projects, to be a valued voice within the Ethereum ecosystem, and to advocate for Ethereum to the outside world.
You’ll help build and develop an interactive website, working with designers and content creators to develop a unique experience using Three.js or other technologies that are relevant to meet the creative needs to be communicated with the audience.
- You're an ambitious software developer. You live and breathe open-source software, UI components, design systems, interaction design, and web APIs with an eagerness to learn more.
- You have an ownership mentality. When you take on a task, you get it done. You proactively troubleshoot problems blocking your path, and the problems blocking the paths of others.
- You have an opinionated sense of design. You're experienced collaborating with designers, working in tools like Figma, have a keen focus on visual polish, and you're comfortable offering your own ideas to achieve the best results for the end user experience.
- You're comfortable pitching in to get the job done. We're a small team, sometimes you may have to do work outside of your "core responsibilities".
- You're fascinated by Ethereum... the community as much as the technology.
- Take the lead on new projects, while expanding and improving on some of the existing work-in-progress projects that we have recently started.
- Help shape the design and features of the product you build in collaboration with design, product, and operations teammates.
- Work beyond just shipping your product; evaluate, evolve, and optimize your work to deliver the best, most valuable user experiences.
- Push to improve front-end development experience and codebase maintainability by identifying efficiencies, reusable abstractions, and communicating best practices.
- This is a fully remote position working with a distributed team
- 3-month contract
- This will be a contractor-style role where you will be able to bill based on the number of hours you work, which may vary from month to month
- Compensation will ultimately depend on your experience, skillset, location, and contract structure
To apply please upload a cover letter, link to your portfolio, and a resume or CV.