Founding Product Designer at Bespoke Financial
As the Founding Product Designer on Bespoke Financial’s design team, you will be responsible for designing new products from the ground up as well as new features for our existing products.
What we look for
- 3+ years of relevant product design experience (2+ internships count as 1 year)
- Proficiency with Figma as design tool
- You can create clear, intuitive, and visually appealing human interfaces → UI
- You can untangle vague conceptual problems, and have a sharp intuition for the most accessible mental models and flows, so users can immediately start gaining value out of the product → UX
- You care about the business needs, implications, and practicality of your designs; you don't get stuck on pretty UI or deep abstractions, and can balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line
- You have well-rounded skills and experience to run projects independently end to end
- You approach problems from every angle, creating an array of solutions that show a deep understanding of trade-offs and key objectives
- You have strong beliefs, loosely held; you're a good listener who collaborates well with different stakeholders; you actively collect, observe, and internalize all inputs and feedback to help you reach an optimal decision
Bespoke Financial is the first FinTech lender focused on the cannabis industry. The cannabis industry is growing quickly and projected to be a $40+ Billion dollar market by 2024 and a $100+ Billion market by 2030. Bespoke Financial provides companies flexible financing (ex. working capital), similar to how Square provides small businesses financing and how Affirm provides consumers financing.
Bespoke Financial already serves businesses across 11 US states (adhering to all state regulations), which covers 80% of the US cannabis industry. In the past year, Bespoke Financial's revenue increased 400%+ YoY and is on track to increase to double-digit millions this year. With more states expected to legalize cannabis, the company is on track to continue its rapid growth.
As the Founding Product Designer on Bespoke Financial’s design team, you will be responsible for designing new products from the ground up as well as new features for our existing products. You’ll lead the design process from concept through implementation, proactively engaging with our customers and our team members for their feedback every step of the way. You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with Business Development, Client Success, and Operations teams to understand our customers and with Product and Engineering to design elegant UI / UX solutions for these customers.
What you’ll do at Bespoke Financial
- Craft every detail of new product features, from idea to UX to pixel-perfect execution
- Lead the end-to-end design of new features across multiple products with continual releases
- Run usability studies with our customers, collaborating with Product to incorporate customer feedback into product roadmaps
- Build a culture of trust, critique, and inspiration within the design team through thoughtful contributions
- Work closely with engineers to quickly iterate on functionality and ensure implementation meets design spec
Partner closely with our Client Success, Operations, and Sales teams to understand what each of our diverse user segments need, want, and love about Bespoke Financial; use this data and acquired intuition to prioritize, plan, and scope our product roadmap
Create new patterns that are intuitive, practical, and convergent; establish and evolve our design system intentionally as we scale
Bespoke Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure everyone feels supported and connected at work!