Engineering Manager at OpenPhone Technologies
As an Engineering Manager, you'll play a key role in building the OpenPhone technical experience. We're looking for an Engineering Leader who is passionate about people growth and organizational development.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of management experience
- 3+ years of experience growing and managing multi-team organizations
- 5+ years hands-on experience in core programming languages such as C++, PHP, Java
- Experience with React
- Proven track record of creating and managing high performing teams
- Interest in people and organizations
- Demonstrated creative problem solving and analytical skills
- Located remotely in a North American timezone
For millions of teams working in dozens of industries, day-to-day business gets done on the phone. So why—despite the huge leaps we've taken in design and usability—does most business phone software still look, feel, and act like it was born in the 90s? OpenPhone is changing that.
We’re a new type of business phone with a mission to help people communicate better and be more productive.
We’re backed by Y Combinator and some of the best venture firms around including Tiger Global, Craft Ventures, Slow Ventures, and others. We take pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and a product people love, which is why we’re excited that our customers have rated us the #1 VoIP Provider on G2.
OpenPhone is the modern, sophisticated answer to the clunky, outdated phone systems that have been slowing down businesses for years. And after earning over 20,000 happy customers and $56 million in funding in just four years, it's safe to say we're onto something big.
As an Engineering Manager, you'll play a key role in building the OpenPhone technical experience. We're looking for an Engineering Leader who is passionate about people growth and organizational development. You'll help build the products and practices that will support OpenPhone's growth over the years to come. You'll reimagine our platform and build highly leveraged products that enable OpenPhone to support the best customers in the world. If you see how incredible people and organizational development products can transform a business, OpenPhone is the place for you.
Here are some things you'll do:
- Lead and grow engineering teams committed to building the innovative products that make OpenPhone the best place in the world to work
- Work effectively cross-functionally to drive change and influence product and process decisions
- Help to shape thinking around designing scalable products and business processes/programs to support OpenPhone's rapid growth
- Be both a deep technical leader and a thoughtful people manager
- Champion engineering excellence, establish business metrics, and drive continuous operational improvement
BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field
3+ years of management experience
3+ years of experience growing and managing multi-team organizations
5+ years hands-on experience in core programming languages such as C++, PHP, Java
Experience with React
Proven track record of creating and managing high performing teams
Interest in people and organizations
Demonstrated creative problem solving and analytical skills
Located remotely in a North American timezone
As a fully remote company, we thrive asynchronously as a team. We are curious, ambitious, and dedicated to our work. We value trust above all else, and have a strong bias for action. If you're looking for a place to do your life's work, please get in touch. We'd love to hear from you.
And remember, there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We're looking for optimists with grit and determination, who are excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. OpenPhone is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply for this role even if you don't think you meet all the requirements.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. It is important that you are able to bring your authentic self to work every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Employers will see your profile when they are sending a job in your skill.
Create Your Profile (simple)