Digital Designer (UI/UX) at IGNITEÂ®
YOU ARE A DESIGN NERD! You live and breathe design. You read design blogs, publications and websites religiously including web design awards websites like Awwwards and CSSDA.
OTHER CRITICAL QUALITIES
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. This is extra critical!
- You can prioritise and focus on the most critical tasks at hand.
- You have strong initiative and a solutions-focused, growth mindset.
- You have an eye for detail and strive for the best result.
- You enjoy the challenge of overcoming complex problems.
- Your Google search skills are well-honed - If you have a question you know how to try and find the answer online.
- You love to learn by reading books, listening to podcasts, watching Youtube tutorials and ultimately experimenting and taking action.
- You're a team player that loves to contribute and collaborate to get the best results.
- You are self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
- You can consistently handle multiple tasks for multiple clients - and meet deadlines.
- You are deadly serious about delivering impeccable work, yet have a sense of humour along the way!
BE A DIGITAL STORYTELLER.
Join the digital storytellers at IGNITEÂ®, and help us tell unique brand stories through intuitive online journeys.
We have an exciting new opening for a Digital Designer!
NOTE: This is a RARE opening. The first time we've actively recruited for a full-time designer role in over 5 years.
IGNITEÂ® (igniteagency.com) is an award-winning custom website design and digital marketing agency based in Melbourne and servicing clients around Australia.
We work with some incredible clients you've heard of, including Melbourne Girls Grammar, Fairtrade, Coles, Mondo, Origin Energy, Auspost, RÃDE Microphones, the AFL Players Association & more.
Below are a couple of videos to give you a peek behind the scenes and get a feel for who we are and what we do.
A DAY IN THE LIFE @ IGNITE
HEAR FROM PREVIOUS TEAM MEMBERS (Glassdoor)
STALK US ON SOCIAL
Check out our Instagram @igniteonline or our website for more of an idea about what we do. https://www.instagram.com/igniteonline/
IS THIS YOU?
*Note: Don't be put off applying if you don't meet every criterion below. We'll support you in areas you need development.*
- YOU ARE A DESIGN NERD! You live and breathe design. You read design blogs, publications and websites religiously including web design awards websites like Awwwards and CSSDA.
- You are a Figma guru - You know all the shortcuts and know how to work quickly and efficiently.
- You love digital. Print is not really your thing. You're about websites, apps and digital products.
- User experience is at the core of everything you design. You're always thinking about how a user will be able to interact with your designs.
- You genuinely love design and strive to continue evolving to become a better designer all the time.
- You may have built some websites using Webflow.
- You think beyond flat designs, and consider movement, animations and transitions in your digital designs, to craft seamless experiences.
- You love typography and have extensive knowledge of type and layout principles.
- Working with the Account Management team to develop design directions for website projects.
- Coming up with creative executions for digital campaigns such as banner ads.
- Deeply understanding client problems, and developing sitemaps and information architecture for websites.
- You'll spend the majority of your time in Figma, but should know your way around the Adobe suite, and be comfortable in figuring out other apps as needed.
- Collating design research, inspiration and mood boards.
- Talking confidently to clients or the team about your designs, and the reasons you designed things the way you did.
- Developing wireframes and prototypes.
- Designing finished website designs for all devices (mobile, tablet, desktop, ultrawide).
- Helping us continue to deliver industry-leading websites.
- Collaborating with our Creative Director and clients to refine designs.
- Liaising with clients as necessary during design phases.
- Dabbling in Webflow, or more than dabbling if you're keen.
- Picking up on design-related bugs during testing.
- Your folio of work is what we're most interested in seeing. Please provide any links to work in your application.
- A Degree or Diploma is not necessary, however, you must have a history of self-initiated learning, either through online education or work experience.
- We are Great Place To WorkÂ® Certified!
- Be part of a growing company, and grow yourself.
- We work with the best clients Australia-wide.
- Be a part of an ethical business donating a percentage of revenue to support causes globally (See www.kiva.org/team/igniteonline/impact)
- We'll purchase any books or courses you need to help you in your role.
- Member of âMentally Healthyâ network and meeting the industry standards.
- Strategy days/time with our Mentors and advisors who are industry legends.
- Attending partner events throughout the year (Google, Shopify etc).
- Pub lunches on Fridays
- 1 hour 'IGNITE University' time every Friday where you can upskill in whatever you like.
- Afternoon off on the first 30 degree and sunny day of Summer.
- No restrictions on long holidays. We understand travel is an important part of life, and encourage you to see the world.
- Come in late or leave early if you have life admin stuff you need to attend to.
- 'Doona days'. If you wake up and you just can't face the world for whatever reason, stay under your doona.
- We close for 2 weeks over Summer (Days that aren't public holidays are annual leave).
If you believe you meet the above requirements, apply with your resume via the apply now button.
Applications will close on 1st August 2022 or until we have enough applications, so don't procrastinate!
Due to the large volumes of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted to proceed to the next stage.
Job Type: Full time (Open to part-time for the right candidate)
Remuneration: Dependent on experience.
Thank you, we look forward to meeting you and chatting further!
NOTE: Due to COVID-19 we are currently working in a hybrid capacity, roughly half at work, half in the office. Over time we'll likely look to spend more time in the office, and if you'd prefer to come in every day, that is totally fine).