DevSecOps Engineer at Syneos Health Clinical
We need one to Collaborate and understand stakeholders, external partners, and the project team’s DevOps needs and convey them to developers.
What we’re looking for
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field or equivalent technical experience
- Must have 5 to 8 years of hands-on experience in the field of DevOps and/or DevSecOps.
- Strong skillset with Azure Automation, DevOps Pipeline, and related Azure tooling
- Solid command of standard CI/CD tools (Terraform, Ansible, Git, Jenkins, etc.)
- Ability to build code pipelines and support deployment activities
- Depth of knowledge in security best practices, tools, and compliance frameworks (NIST, FedRamp, FDA, etc.) and experience in recommending best practices on DevSecOps and Configuration Management
- Extensive experience in assessing DevSecOps maturity state for application portfolio with the ability to define maturity improvement roadmap
- Extensive experience in assessing and designing code branching, merging, and tagging strategies on GitHub and Git.
- End-to-end experience in integrating DevSecOps tools such as SonarQube, Nexus, Fortify, and other similar tools in CI / CD pipeline.
- Willingness to work Eastern Standard Time hours
Syneos Health is the only fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization purpose-built to accelerate customer success. We lead with a product development mindset, seamlessly connecting our capabilities to add high-value insights to speed therapies to patients and provide practical value to help our customers achieve their objectives.
Every day we perform better because of how we work together, as one team, each the best at what we do. We bring a wide range of talented experts together across a wide range of business-critical services that support our business. Every role within Corporate is vital to furthering our vision of Shortening the Distance from Lab to Life®.
Discover what our 29,000 employees, across 110 countries already know:
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE
Why Syneos Health
- We are passionate about developing our people, through career development and progression; supportive and engaged line management; technical and therapeutic area training; peer recognition, and total rewards program.
- We are committed to our Total Self-culture – where you can authentically be yourself. Our Total Self-culture is what unites us globally, and we are dedicated to taking care of our people.
- We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together a diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
Responsible for developing, implementing, validating, maintaining, and supporting assigned computerized systems in order to ensure that operations are implemented and maintained in a compliant state.
- Collaborate and understand stakeholders, external partners, and the project team’s DevOps needs and convey them to developers.
- Passion for increasing quality and driving business value while simultaneously decreasing the effort to get there by identifying manual DevOps processes that can be automated
- Build tools to reduce errors and improve customer experience by supporting the goal of continuous updates and development of code, making systems faster and better while ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Develop an automated security framework for robust development of deployment tools, processes, and infrastructure leveraging various scripting languages and open-source solutions.
- Support project team configuration and testing of CI/CD configurations based on continuous development and delivery of best practices and technical implementations.
- Conduct analysis or assessment of the current internal and external DevOps implementation and recommend automation to improve development and release processes, efficacy, timelines, etc.
- Test and examine code written by others, identify technical problems, analyze results, and make recommendations or automate processes.
- Leverage agile project management methodology to accelerate strategic execution of implementation plans with bi-weekly sprints developed from a backlog of action items.
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Ability to consider the organization's entire IT infrastructure when suggesting or making changes and improvements that enhance the client's IT infrastructure security protocols and contribute to the predictable deployment of software and infrastructure in the client's cloud infrastructure.
Get to know Syneos Health
Over the past 5 years, we have worked with 94% of all Novel FDA Approved Drugs, 95% of EMA Authorized Products, and over 200 Studies across 73,000 Sites and 675,000+ Trial patients.
No matter what your role is, you’ll take the initiative and challenge the status quo with us in a highly competitive and ever-changing environment. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so the qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.