DevOps Engineer (Entry Level - SecureWatch) at Maxar Technologies
Maxar is currently seeking a DevOps engineer to remotely support a growing DevOps team.
- At least six months of DevOps experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or another relevant field
- At least six months of experience with AWS cloud, including EC2, S3, IAM, security groups, and VPCs
- At least six months of experience working in an Agile development team
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes and container orchestration
- Experience building and operating CI/CD systems using Jenkins
- Experience with Linux environments
- Experience monitoring and troubleshooting complex system of micro-services
- Experience with Terraform and Terragrunt
- Code, container, and system vulnerability scanning tools (e.g., Twistlock, Checkmarx, Fortify, Nessus)
- Monitoring and logging technologies (e.g., ELK, Prometheus, Splunk, etc.)
- Familiarity with Python
- Geospatial experience
Please review the job details below.
Maxar is currently seeking a DevOps engineer to remotely support a growing DevOps team. You will work with development teams and other DevOps engineers to solve critical issues while improving application performance, system reliability, and overall internal and external customer experience. You will also play a central role in building and supporting our services within AWS using modern build and deployment tools.
In this role, you will be responsible for the delivery and maintenance of SecureWatch applications which enable customers to access our powerful web platform which provides streaming and download services for our archive of over 120PB of satellite imagery and other content. These services are mission critical to our customers’ ability to map and monitor our changing planet.
- Build and support scalable infrastructure to support micro services and system orchestration
- Provide technology recommendations for specific AWS infrastructure implementations
- Investigate and contribute to solving issues in test and production environments
- Provide collaborative conduit between various technical and non-technical teams
- Build effective monitoring, alerts, and metrics for development and production environments
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employers will see your profile when they are sending a job in your skill.
Create Your Profile (simple)