DevOps Engineer at Zoom Video Communications, Inc.
DevOps Engineers at Zoom are responsible for deploying and operating core services for our applications and products. Our teams are put 100% into keeping the Zoom ecosystem up and running.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Electrical Engineering, or a related STEM field with an expectation that degree will be obtained by July 2023 or earlier
- Sponsorship for employment visa status is not available for this position. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Solid Linux system admin knowledge with shell or bash
- Experience with C, C++ or Python, PHP, Pearl, Go and other scripting languages
- Working experience with Web Application Frameworks such as Django, and Flask
- Experience with GIT, Jenkins and other DevOps and system monitoring tools
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Experience working with CI/CD and Infrastructure-as-Code tools: Jenkins, Terraform, CloudFormation
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with video conference technologies
Work Styles at Zoom
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinars.
We’re problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you’ll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
DevOps Engineers at Zoom are responsible for deploying and operating core services for our applications and products. Our teams are put 100% into keeping the Zoom ecosystem up and running. Some of what they do involves, but is not limited to: designing and implementing disaster recovery (DR) between different region data centers, troubleshooting complex production issues, design and implementing zero-downtime, partnering closely with the cloud vendor and infrastructure engineering team for security and service availability, and providing a deep level of outage troubleshooting for systems and Zoom back end services.
What you will do:
- Perform large scale software application configuration and deployment of foundational services for Zoom’s video conferencing that make the company a household name.
- Capacity planning and scaling out services across the globe.
- Implement DevOps technologies and best practices to continue refine our global deployment infrastructure.
- Collaborate with other functional teams: R&D Engineering, Security, BigData, etc., to ensure production services reliability and availability.
- Provide escalation support to technical support engineers.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community.
- Visit the Zoom careers site