DevOps Engineer at Tista Science and Technology Corporation
We are looking for candidates with a high degree of versatility, integrity, and technical ability benefitting some of the most prestigious government agencies.
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role
- Relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Infrastructure as a Service (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc)
- Familiarity with containers and Containers as a Service (Docker, ECS, Fargate)
- Comprehension of SDLC and OOP (Ruby, Python, NodeJS)
- Scripting abilities with Unix command line (curl, grep, awk, sed, chmod, ssh, etc)
- High emotional intelligence and patience for navigating a challenging bureaucracy
- Excellent and empathetic written and verbal communication skills preferred
- Experience dealing with legacy, unreliable/undocumented third party dependencies (both technology and human) preferred
- Experience provisioning CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins preferred
- Experience with Open Source software
- Must be eligible to obtain Public Trust clearance
- Requires BS/BA degree in computer science or information systems or related field.
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a leading and fast-growing federal government contractor headquartered in the DC area, is looking for candidates with a high degree of versatility, integrity, and technical ability benefitting some of the most prestigious government agencies. TISTA’s approach is to go beyond contractual requirements and pursue innovative projects that allow it to exceed customer requirements. In addition to developing leading-edge application web/mobile and big data frameworks, employees will be challenged to demonstrate creativity and adaptability; the ability to safeguard sensitive information and work independently; and the ability to contribute to tight-knit, cross-functional teams within an agile environment.
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation is seeking a DevOps Engineer - AWS Cloud Specialist to join our growing team. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
TISTA associates enjoy above Industry Healthcare Benefits, Remote Working Options, Paid Time Off, Training/Certification opportunities, Healthcare Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account, Paid Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term Disability, 401K Match, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays, Military Leave, and much more!
Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining internal and external Cloud-based solutions and infrastructure that spans multiple public and private Clouds and regions, including AWS, and client data centers.
- Automate management and orchestration tasks
- Streamline processes
- Improve documentation
- Perform standard administration tasks, which might involve communication with the clients or other teams.
- Work in collaboration with architects to represent DevOps during the design and development of software or extensive revisions to existing applications.
- Work with heads of internal groups to find innovative solutions to their problems and make recommendations with Proof of Concepts or just initiatives.
- Keep finding areas of improvements in the current infrastructure to be more resilient and reliable.
- Developing tools that empower the engineering team for quickly and confidently validate code before deploying it.
- Develop, maintain, and document programs or scripts to perform systems/platform maintenance using enterprise frameworks in at least one of a variety of languages including but not limited to Python, Ruby or PowerShell
- Working towards deprecating outdated systems at the VA in favor of newer cloud-based solutions
- Helping software engineers validate their implementation by thinking of data and logic edge cases that their original implementation does not handle
- On-call Production triage (one week per quarter)
Must be able to obtain Public Trust Clearance