DevOps Engineer at Resolver
We need one to Develop SQL/Bash/Lambda scripts for common administration tasks.
Qualifications & Education
- Minimum three years’ experience in Software Development or DevOps
- Working knowledge of Docker and ECSWorking knowledge of network infrastructure and technologies
- Working knowledge of Terraform or similar infrastructure as code
- Working knowledge of administration and scripting on PostgreSQL Servers or other Relational Databases as well as non-relational and Search Engines, (Dynamodb, Redis, Elastic Search)
- Working experience with at least one mainstream CI/CD offering (ex. Github actions, Gitlab ci, Jenkins)
- Experience working with AWS (Amazon Web Services)An understanding of how to implement effective security, data protection and highly available environments
Team: we have smart, talented and curious people you'll work with and learn from. We collaborate a lot too, which means bonus points for people who love cross-functional learning.
Impact: we solve complex challenges for some of the world's most recognized organizations. Our customers use our software to help reduce the frequency and severity of negative events to protect people, product and organizational success. What we do matters.
Remote Position. Must be a US Citizen, located within the United States. The DevOps Engineer is responsible for automating, improving and maintaining infrastructure, supporting our development operations and providing technical support for our customers and internal teams.
Resolver is a high-growth SaaS company whose intuitive, no-code platform gives our customers a clear picture of their risks so they can make quick and effective decisions. As a part of the Resolver team, your work will help transform risk management to risk intelligence so organization scan protect people and assets and deliver on their purpose.
We are ambitious in both our mission and our culture. As a business within Kroll, we offer an innovative, non-hierarchical work environment blended with the stability and financial security of an enterprise. Resolver has also been named one of Canada’s Great Places to Work six years in a row
- Automates the creation and deployment of systems (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Performs frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
- Develops SQL/Bash/Lambda scripts for common administration tasks.
- Facilitates and designs build processes to support our engineering teams.
- Manages and supports software development systems (source control, unit/acceptance/functional testing frameworks, CICD).
- Administrates internal and production (99.9% uptime) AWS environments and networks.
- Manages relational (postgreSQL) and non-relational (dynamodb, redis) databases as well as search engine.
- Designs and deploys systems, caches and databases to production environments.
- Handles on-call duties on a rotating schedule.
Customer Relations (10%)
- Provides 2nd-level technical support.
- Has a customer-centric mentality (internal and external).
- Solves problems in real-time, with a consultative and service-friendly approach.
- Provide technical expertise to other team members within the organization.
- Professional development: we have an external learning budget to help you grow and develop. We also have great online learning internally for you to tap in to.
It's a Scale-up: what does that even mean? We have the best elements of a start-up blended with the stability and process design of an enterprise. There is still a lot of white space though, so people to take initiative to help us get better!
Vacation: it's open, which means we don't worry about an accrual clock. Unlimited vacation has been called a bit of scam, so we'll tell you that most Resolverites enjoy between 3-4 weeks off a year.
Parental leave: best-in-class top-up for new parents - 100% for 15 weeks new parents and a bonus 5 weeks for birth Moms.
Great benefits: 100% paid by us for health and dental from day one. And our vision care is every 12 months! We also offer a wellness/fitness reimbursement, that can go towards things like gym memberships, yoga classes, soccer membership fees or a bike.
Over 1,000 of the world’s largest organizations depend on Resolver’s cloud software product to protect their employees, customers, supply chain and brand. We do this by using data to manage risk and security in a single solution. As a high-growth scale-up, we have the agility, autonomy and experimental drive of a start-up with the stability of an enterprise (minus the bureaucracy). We’re a flat organization – in value and by design. There are no offices, we want dialogue and ideas to flow throughout our org so we can get better, faster.
If you want to work in a highly collaborative environment and are committed to making a difference, we’d like to meet you!
We truly appreciate all interest and will happily reply to qualified candidates.
Resolver is committed to providing accommodations for all persons with disabilities. If at any point in the recruitment process you require accommodation, please notify the applicable recruiter or contact us directly at [email protected]