DevOps Engineer at General Dynamics Information Technology
We need one to Create documentation to deploy and maintain each version of a new release.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Five (5) years plus years of experience in: databases, programming, testing, software deployment
- Linux system administration and/or middleware administration experience with Application Servers such as JBoss and WebLogic Experience with version control systems, such as GIT SVN, Perforce, BitBucket, IBM Rational Team Concert
- Working knowledge of J2EE Application Development and related tools and technologies such as Eclipse, Application Servers (WebLogic, JBoss)
- Solid understanding of Core Java Concepts such as Object Oriented Programming, Java Collections API, Exception Handling, Multi-Threading is required, Spring Solid understanding of Object Oriented Analysis, J2EE Concepts, Architecture, and Technologies
- Experience working in a continuous integration/deployment development environment
- Experience with management of containers (Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift etc.)
- Experience with CICD
- Solid experience working with Linux
- The likely salary range for this position is $80,000 - $120,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
- View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a DevOps Engineer joining our team at the Rensselaer Data Center in East Greenbush, NY.
Working as a member of the Dev Ops team to perform duties such as Research, design, develop, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for maintaining software compliance standards. Performs, and may provide guidance on, all phases of the software development life-cycle.
- End-to-end ownership of the Build Management Life Cycle process.
- Managing code integrations, mergers, and deployment requests.
- Creating documentation to deploy and maintain each version of a new release.
- Communicating integration and deployment activities.
- Working closely with Development staff to provide Dev Test environment server support.
- Creating Deployment Requests for all Lower environments and production releases as well as collaborating with Test leads, Developers and Deploy team to coordinate daily deploys.
- Recommending process improvements and adapting to change.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.