DevOps Engineer at Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
Successful candidate will be a team-oriented DevOps Engineer with experience and eagerness to work on infrastructure, operations, CI, CD, deployment, data management, and information security.
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), or a closely related field, from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of directly related education and/or experience.
- 3+ years of DevOps experience.
- Experience creating and operating applications and infrastructure in AWS
- Demonstrated ability to write application code and automation scripts in a thoughtful, abstracted, and organized way.
- Knowledge and experience managing large data sources and the flow of data between stages for public and analytical consumption
- Understanding of end-to-end modern agile software development
- Experience with authoring, configuring, scheduling, and scaling a suite of Jenkins pipelines
- Sustaining operational security of systems and justifying sufficiency
- Experience with Ansible, Terraform, and containerization
- “Incumbent must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless the Bank grants an accommodation based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.”
- The primary desired work location for this position is "Kansas City MO. We offer employees the flexibility to work from home up to 80 percent of the time. Fulltime remote might also be considered for this position
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
Successful candidate will be a team-oriented DevOps Engineer with experience and eagerness to work on infrastructure, operations, CI, CD, deployment, data management, and information security. Working operational stability of a platform supporting multiple development teams, app deployments, and databases, to reduce risk to site availability, security, and maintainability. Executing recurring operations and maintenance tasks such as data snapshotting and archiving, security patching, and infrastructure scaling and monitoring. Using DevOps to control, automate, and accelerate the Agile SDLC and DataOps to orchestrate the delivery of data among systems.
Applies the principles of software engineering to the design, implementation, configuration, and optimization of solutions in support of applications, databases, test automation tools, DevOps processes, and Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) products. Partners with customers in the development of innovative solutions that achieve business goals. Performs peer reviews using software engineering principles, patterns, and development guidelines. Reviews and analyzes business and technical requirements, and implements technical solutions to meet those requirements.
Our Total Rewards programs offers benefits that go beyond the basics featuring:
- Market-leading Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k/Thrift Plan
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation & Personal Time
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Onsite Fitness Center (Kansas City location
- Onsite Cafeteria
- Free Parking
- Additional Convenience Benefits, Discounts and More…
- United States citizenship is required for this position.
This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while performing the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take up to a couple of months to be completed. You can begin work before the screening is completed; however, continued employment is contingent on acceptable screening results. The areas screened may include education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and reference checks.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and our YouTube channel - Kansas City Fed.
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Job Exempt (Yes / No)
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.