DevOps Engineer at Cardinal Financial
As a DevOps engineer, you should be comfortable around cloud infrastructure and Infrastructure as Code as well as both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of Software experience, with at least 1 year of cloud infrastructure
- You communicate well whether you’re getting specs from a stakeholder, writing those specs, explaining a design to your colleagues, or patiently helping users.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze business needs and design robust solutions.
- You write well-designed code that you and others will find easy to understand and modify six months from now.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design.
- Comfortable with Linux commands and tools.
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS, Google) and infrastructure as code (terraform).
- Experience with bash/python or other scripting languages.
- Experience with containerization (Docker/Kubernetes).
- Experience with dependency/build tools (gradle/npm).
- Experience with SQL based servers.
- Experience writing CI/CD pipelines.
- You’re passionate about great code design, security, performance and testing.
- You pride yourself on understanding projects top to bottom.
- You’re comfortable working in a team where each of us has a huge impact and we depend on each other to get things done.
- You enjoy working alone or working with others. You’re comfortable doing things even when you’re not told exactly what to do.
Who We Are:
Cardinal Financial is a nationwide direct mortgage lender that focuses on creating solutions for our borrowers, partners, and employees—to provide the very best experience. We are genuine and hard-working individuals who are not scared to improve and intentionally push beyond what is considered “good enough.”
Looking to join a company that values its people, innovates and expands on its proprietary technology, and is growing at a ridiculous rate?! Apply below!
Who We Need:
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for planning and managing cloud infrastructure in support of business objectives, from conception to deployment. As a DevOps engineer, you should be comfortable around cloud infrastructure and Infrastructure as Code as well as both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with the greater engineering team in an agile environment.
- Partner with Leadership, Executive Management, and key business stakeholders to identify and execute infrastructure and software solutions.
- Utilize Infrastructure as Code to create or update new and existing cloud infrastructure.
- Create well-designed CI/CD pipelines to improve development and deployment processes.
- Manage your stories completely, including prioritization, working with stakeholders for design and specs, communicating status to all, writing the code, and documenting what you've done.
- Write clean, concise code and robust tests.
- Participate in code reviews and daily interactions to ensure our application meets our high standards. We mix up the review teams so you'll get exposed to the whole system.
- Find ways to improve our applications and how we work, allowing us to make more happen with less.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What We Offer:
- Strength, Stability, and Vision
- Great compensation package
- Opportunity for career growth
- A commitment to be a relevant market leader - we are aiming for the top!
- Octane, our engineered proprietary technology that is transforming the mortgage industry
- An empowered culture where your ideas are important and your voice matters
- Full Benefits, beginning the first day of the month following your start date, including – Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, and much more
- Generous paid time off package that also includes all major holidays
- 401K w/ 50% match - Beginning the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment
Cardinal Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and aim to empower individuals and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce. The expected base salary for this position ranges from one hundred four thousand dollars to one hundred thirty five thousand dollars, determined based on the applicant's experience, skillset, education, training, certificates, and licenses.