DevOps Engineer at Blue Corona
As a DevOps Engineer, you will work on a variety of projects, ranging from internal custom software updates to advanced back-end website development needs for new software projects on the cloud.
- Experience in working with large scale analytics applications
- Strong experience in creating CI/CD pipelines from scratch and enabling development workflow
- Experience in Jenkins, GitHub, Prometheus, Grafana, Kubernetes, Docker, and related tools
- Familiarity with concepts like data partitioning, indexing across databases – both relational and NoSQL ones
- Databases – SQL, NoSQL, Graph, document, search, big-data stores
- Experience in AWS platform – Networking, Storage, CloudWatch and EKS is a must. Knowledge of Azure and/or GCP is a plus.
- Should understand site reliability, site-site replication, and other strategies to minimize downtime and maximize availability
- Cost Estimations experience would be good to have
- Code management & quality
- Code repository management & maintenance
- Agile processes compliance, enhancements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 2-5 years of experience as a sr. software engineer, lead, or related role
- Hands on development experience on production applications
- Cloud multi-tenant application devops experience
- Worked in agile teams to execute quality from specification to certification
- Active in development communities, forums, and other tech. communities
- Knowledge of development standards and trends with ability to operationalize
- Apply out-of-the-box thinking for creative solutions to challenging problems
- Think about reusability & scale in quality execution
- Process oriented & use metrics to drive and manage execution effectively
- Detail oriented and driven to excellence in development execution, and management
- Effective communicator, verbally and in writing, bridging functional and technical topics.
- Business oriented, connect client and company business needs with technical solutions.
- A team player with a passion for collaboration, growth and trying new things.
- Strong work ethic, taking ownership to get things done
- A positive “Can-Do” attitude.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Blue Corona Perks & Benefits
- Remote working environment
Blue Corona is a technology-enabled digital marketing company that helps need-based service companies increase their leads and sales. Blue Corona creates & implements inbound internet marketing strategies such as pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, search engine optimization (SEO), website design and development, and marketing analytics services to measurably increase marketing performance.
Blue Corona is making significant technology investments in systems used to deliver client services. These include client website development, tracking, marketing & enterprise platform integration, and the creation of a next generation platform and portal for client services, powered by connected data.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will work on a variety of projects, ranging from internal custom software updates to advanced back-end website development needs for new software projects on the cloud. To succeed in this role, you should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, results focused environment and be able to manage individual projects and parallel development. The right candidate is hungry for growth and learning, detail- and process-oriented, and understands the importance of agile development process and driving product / project delivery in a seamless fashion.
- Architecture & design CI/CD Pipelines
- Participate in developer discussions and daily scrum meetings
- Design, refine and build CI/CD pipelines using tools like Jenkins, GitHub etc.
- Setup Cloud Servers and scalable container clusters using technologies like Kubernetes / Docker
- Manage and monitor environments to ensure minimum downtime
- Handle Database migration, backups and indexing to optimize performance
- Scale up and Scale down environments / containers / services
Quarterly bonus plan
- Generous paid time off policy
- Health/vision/dental coverage
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- Casual dress code
- Company 401(k) matching
- Company celebrations and events
- Company-branded swag
About Blue Corona
Founded in 2008, Blue Corona is a full-service digital marketing agency helping residential service companies increase their leads and sales, optimize their marketing costs, and differentiate their brands online. Blue Corona was recently named one of Inc. 500 2021 Best Workplaces and Charlotte Business Journal’s Best Places to Work (large companies), is a member of the prestigious Inc. 5000 Hall of Fame and is a Google Premier Partner.
Blue Corona is now a remote-first company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary working environment for most employees. Being remote-first also means the locations of our employees are intentional. but flexible. Blue Corona is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Blue Corona is registered, you may not be eligible for employment