DevOps Engineer at Altium
We are looking for talented DevOps engineers to join our rapidly growing Production Engineering team.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills;
- Significant cloud ops experience with AWS;
- Understanding of securing cloud data and industry standards;
- Passion to not only build great cloud infrastructure but a great product;
- 4+ years of experience in DevOps / SRE environment;
- 4+ years of experience of working with Linux and Windows systems;
- Strong understanding and knowledge of cloud infrastructure components such as AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, Storage, Route53 and network appliances.
- Hands-on experience architecting and securing cloud networking such as VPC peering, subnet, security groups;
- Working knowledge of Jenkins, GitLab or alternative CI systems;
- Understanding of Active Directory, DNS and Domain;
NICE TO HAVE:
- Familiarity with microservice architecture, Docker, Kubernetes;
Here at Altium we are working on a transitioning from classic desktop applications to Software As A Service cloud based software model. We are looking for talented DevOps engineers to join our rapidly growing Production Engineering team. We want somebody who can be a true solution’s architect on a variety of things such as cloud infrastructure, ci / cd and production platform operations. As part of the R&D and Production Engineering team you will need to think of a product’s success and contribute your skills and time as an investment to a revolutionary product. We’re an international team spanning across multiple countries and time zones. As we provide software as a service we must provide reliable and secure service to our customers.
Our top priorities are: Product reliability, security, feature delivery and automation!
As we provide cloud based software to our customers we need to assure that our service is reliable and available at all times. This is why Production Engineering has a rotating on-call schedule across two time zones. All of our DevOps engineers participate in on-call to assure stability of our production platform and environment.
- Build and continuously optimize CI/CD process and streamline automation effort for server provisioning and applications deployment;
- Build a resilient and scalable service infrastructure to accommodate regions;
- Deploy, monitor and scale application services;
- Have clear and solid relationship with software development departments;
- Plan and document work and projects;
- Participate in project management and on-going strategic planning;
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to analyze and troubleshoot complex production issues;
- Participate in an on-call rotating schedule.