DevOps Architect at Modus Create
We're looking for an experienced and enthusiastic DevOps Architect (AWS) to join the team at Modus.
You have experience in one or more of these areas:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) (Must be a certified professional AWS DevOps Engineer)
- Containerized and not containerized environments: Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Provisioning and deployment with tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt
- Expertise in Jenkins CI/CD pipeline setup and configuration to support full end-to-end installation and change delivery
- Background in cloud formation template design and scripting to support automation
- Pipeline/deployment, LZ builds, and FAC migration support
- Infrastructure-as-Code with tools like terraform, CloudFormation
- Logging, monitoring, and alerts
- Best practices for security and high availability in the cloud
We're looking for an experienced and enthusiastic DevOps Architect (AWS) to join the team at Modus. Want to build awesome solutions? Are you interested in working from home with the best talent on the planet? Then keep reading.
You love optimization and automation. Building and deploying consistently is second nature for you. You walk the line between software development and system administration.
This is a senior-level position. That means you enjoy working with people and mentoring others. Your technical skills are top-notch but you know that the social ones are just as important. You're an excellent communicator who has a knack for knowing when everyone isn't on the same page and getting them there. You can deal with stress and uncertainty, and lead the team away from them. You don't need to be told what to do, because when you see something that needs doing, you do it.
As an architect, you gather and document requirements from stakeholders to turn them into actionable battle plans. You don't make all the technology choices, but you ensure that they get made, facilitating discussion and consensus. You understand the parts of the whole, how they fit together, and how to orchestrate it so large teams can build large things in parallel.
You are comfortable working in an agile environment with a globally-distributed team. You’ve got the discipline to work autonomously, and the communication skills to collaborate with your team. Having overlap with your team is critical when working in a global remote team. This project requires to overlap with EDT and other projects US Eastern timezone. Reliable high-speed internet is a must.
Things You Might Do
Modus is a fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Give back to the community via open source and blog posts
- Travel and meet great people- as part of our remote-first lifestyle, it's important that we come together as needed to work together, meet each other in person and have fun together. Please keep that in mind when you apply.
- Teach and be taught: Modus creates active teams that work on internal and external projects together, giving opportunities to stay relevant with the latest technologies and learning from experts worldwide
- Interact directly with internal and external clients to represent Modus and its values
Why Modus Create:
Our Benefits may vary according to the country you are located in, so please reach out to our recruiter in case you have any questions.
If you become a contractor we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- 100% Remote work (could vary according to the client's needs)
- Travel according to client's needs
- The chance to work side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech
Do you have what it takes? Apply today!
About Modus Create
Modus Create builds customer-centric products, processes, and platforms to help businesses succeed in the digital economy.
Our global team of strategists, designers, and developers have helped the world’s biggest brands such as Burger King, Kaplan, AARP, PBS, and Time Inc deliver powerful digital experiences to their clients.
Founded in 2011 with HQ in Reston, Virginia, Modus has employees all over the world. Our culture is inspired by the open-source ethos with an emphasis on continuous learning, collaboration, and autonomy. Modus has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing private companies for 6 years in a row by Inc. magazine, and two years in a row by the Washington Business Journal. FlexJobs rated Modus as a top company for remote work.
Based on the model of an open-source team, Modites work remotely and are located across the globe. That’s allowed us to hire the best talent in the world, no matter where they live. Our highly collaborative, autonomous, and effective working environment is fuelled by a team unified by a love of continuous learning. Our years of thought leadership including books, white papers, blog posts, conferences, and MeetUp talks, demonstrate our commitment to sharing what we’ve learned.
We encourage every Modus employee to do the same. Our company is a platform for the growth of our employees. Through working with our distributed team of experts on challenging projects, every person that joins the Modus team can expect to continue growing and learning every day. This is your chance to be part of building something great.