Developer at Instec Corp
As a developer, you will join our Professional Services Team, and focus on development efforts related to our Sure Commercial product offering.
Who We’re Looking For
Perform the following skills at a proficient level:
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Written and oral English communication
- Time management including work planning, prioritization, and organization
- Work well with others, as well as independently
- Self-starter and quick learner
Education and Experience:
- SQL development (query, stored procedures, some database design)
- .NET (c# a must, preferably some experience with Microsoft Workflow Foundation)
- XML (with a preference for XPATH query and XSL scripting)
- Solid foundation in development of REST services.
- .NET WCF service development is a plus.
- Object oriented principles
- SOLID principles
- Data Structures
- MS Office
- Version control systems
- Microsoft full stack technologies
Who We Are
Insurity’s vision is all about empowerment. Empowering insurance organizations to quickly capitalize on new opportunities by delivering the world’s most configurable, cloud-native, easy-to-use, and intuitively analytical software. It’s also about empowering our team members through tools, training, teamwork, and professional development opportunities.
To talk the talk, we must walk the walk. We are trusted by 22 of the top 25 Property & Casualty insurance carriers and 7 of the top 10 MGAs in the U.S. today with over 400 cloud-based deployments – and more on the way. That’s proof we walk the walk. While our product suites are some of the most compelling in the industry, it’s our team members who deliver the exceptional value and unrivaled industry expertise our customers appreciate from us.
Our team tells us over and over; working at Insurity offers you the opportunity to collaborate with and learn from some of the most creative and knowledgeable minds in insurance technology. You’ll feel welcomed even before you start your first day with us through our award-winning onboarding program.
Take the first step to joining our team by applying today and we look forward to seeing #UatInsurity.
Insurity’s Next Developer
Are you an analytical problem solver with a desire be an agent of change? Do you have a keen eye for detail and a solid ability to organize, plan, and prioritize? We are looking for someone with a passion for learning and an eagerness to share their knowledge and mentor others.
As a developer, you will join our Professional Services Team, and focus on development efforts related to our Sure Commercial product offering. In this role, you’ll own development items end-to-end and provide design & development guidance to our System Integrator partners.
What Our Developer Will Do
- Participate in SDLC estimation and development processes
- Design solutions to problems/defects with minimal supervision
- Understand and develop use cases to supplement business cases for technical development items
- Follow Insurity standards for coding, documentation and impact assessments
- Provide first level of technical troubleshooting and defect remediation for customer, BA and QA reported problems Develop and present solutions for assigned problems and enhancements (basic to moderate complexity)
- Develop technical documentation for software solutions for targeted audience
- Develop solutions for simple to moderately complex problems and enhancements individually
- Estimate projects and solutions of simple to moderate complexity
- Write code and unit tests according to Insurity standards, following an approved technical solution, for simple enhancements and bug fixes
- Develop unit tests for code changes and assigned use cases
- Work with QA to identify impact and assist with test case development
- Comment code
- Create impact assessment documents
- Stay up-to-date on industry and job-related trends and best practices, including reading relevant publications, articles, blogs, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
What’s In It For U
- Flex First Workforce: Do your work best from home or from one of our office locations; it’s your choice.
- Generous Time Off: Our leadership believes in taking the time you need when you need it through our Open PTO Policy.
- Day One Health Benefits + Employer-Matched Retirement Savings: You might think these are table stakes, but we know these matter to you.
- More Than Just Core Values: Our values are fundamental in how we attract, train, and retain top talent.
- Award-Winning Onboarding Program: We set you up from the get-go to make a significant impact from Day One and follow you through your entire first year.
- Real Career Growth Opportunities: We love to promote from within with over 20% of our open roles filled through internal applicants last year.
- Mentorship Program: We support a champion culture and growth mindset by pairing you with experienced, talented leaders to help you grow personally and professionally.
- Internal Networking: Build relationships, network, collaborate, and stay connected with colleagues internally with our one-of-a-kind online Coffee for Two
- Continuous Learning Opportunities: Own your development with your own LinkedIn Learning + [email protected] + Kaplan licenses.
- Discounted University Tuition: Employees and their families can start or continue their university career with less out-of-pocket investment through our partnerships with the University of Arizona Global Campus.
- Employee Referral Bonus: Once you come onboard, give Insurity the biggest compliment you can give by referring someone to work here and earn a cash bonus.
We have five Core Values at Insurity; one of which is to Act with Integrity. Providing pay transparency helps you make the best decision for you. We continuously analyze and update our salary ranges for our roles according to market trends to not only ensure our employees are paid fairly, but also help close gender, race, and disability wage gaps. Along with the benefits listed above, the salary range for this role is $60,000 to $120,000 commensurate with experience.
Insurity is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are dedicated to creating an exceptional work environment for all our employees by extending a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging into the very fabric of our organization. We embrace differences and diversity of identity, experience, and thought, and actively strive for inclusive behaviors across our company.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Insurity! Please understand that due to the volume of applicants we receive, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Employers will see your profile when they are sending a job in your skill.
Create Your Profile (simple)