Dev Ops Engineer at Northern Trust Corp.
As a member of the team owning all of the Enterprise’s CI/CD tools, they will have the opportunity to design and implement features available at large-scale and enable developers to deliver safely at high speeds.
Technical Understanding Of:
- Administrating GitHub Enterprise & Azure DevOps (permissions, API integrations, pipeline scripting, limitations, etc)
- Experience with API integration with an eye for security
- ITSM process experience utilizing ticketing tools like Remedy or Service-Now
- Scripting using Shell, Python, PowerShell
- Candidate should have at least 1 year experience in:
- Application release automation or code migrations utilizing GitHub, Azure DevOps, the Atlassian Suite, CA Release Automation (Nolio), or similar automation tools
Nice to Haves:
- Experience installing and administering applications in Unix, Linux, and Windows environments including debugging and command line
- Familiarity with web services, REST, SOAP, or AJAX, etc…
- Windows & Linux Server Administration
- General networking/internet communication protocols
- Remote desktop administration
- Extensive Java JRE/JDK knowledge
- Ability to code or script and understand existing scripts or logical workflows
Project Overview: Contractor will work on the Enterprise CI/CD team as an Automation/Release Engineer working closely with GitHub Enterprise and Azure DevOps. The team is responsible for administrating the CI/CD tools and developing self-service automation to aid application code deployment through multiple environments as well as some desktop processes through the various tools. Seeking a candidate who is passionate about DevOps CI/CD and has the technical expertise to succeed. The ideal candidate would have Code Migration / Release Automation experience within a medium to large enterprise environment.
Contractor’s Role: As a member of the team owning all of the Enterprise’s CI/CD tools, they will have the opportunity to design and implement features available at large-scale and enable developers to deliver safely at high speeds. The automation engineer will design and support scalable deployment workflows utilizing a number of CI/CD tools and script infrastructure processes to enable self-service requests. Ability to think analytically and troubleshoot escalated issues. Qualified candidates must possess a strong sense of leadership; strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills, good technical abilities, and a can do attitude. Quick to learn and apply knowledge.
Experience Level: Mid-Level (3-7 years)
Some Development experience: combination of QA, Scripting with a QA , and now recently development experience
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least one year of technical experience with multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications and network protocols or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter and works effectively with minimal direction
- Creativity and thinking outside the box
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Detail and process oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Leadership skills to drive problem resolution
- Must be able to multi-task effectively
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Enhancing and automating the current systems to better enable agile development for hundreds of application teams across IT.
Oversees the health of the above mentioned tools by keeping current with upgrades and patches and by resolving integration issues with associated tools.