Database Developer at Continued
We are seeking an experienced Database Developer who is motivated and creative to support the database needs of our growing company.
- Strong experience optimizing complex queries and reports in a scaling environment
- Highly attentive to details, able to cross all the t's and dot all the i's and help review/fix issues with others’ SQL queries
- There is direct project oversight, but you are expected to take ownership of your work and your projects, establish deadlines, and communicate progress proactively
- Strong self-management skills, capable of thriving in a virtual work environment
- Minimum 3 years of experience doing SQL-related work with some of the following (you are not expected to have extensive experience with all of these tasks):
- -Experience administering SQL databases
- -Experience optimizing complex queries and reports in a production environment
- -Database server assessments, health checks, performance analysis, and security audits
- -Backup & maintenance configuration
- -Stored procedure development
- -Knowledge of security best practices and an understanding of how to implement them
- -Structured, disciplined approach to development, testing, and deployment
Preferred, but not required
- MySQL administration experience
- Experience designing and implementing databases according to industry best practices and end-user requirements
- RBAC implementation and management experience
- Experience working with: AWS (RDS, Aurora), Snowflake, Domo
Virtual, work-from-home position. Work anywhere in the US, must live in the US
Join a growing IT Operations team who supports a company of ~150 people with industry-leading web applications in areas of subscription-based continuing education, simulation and training, eCommerce, content management, and more.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A leader in online education, Continued is composed of passionate individuals dedicated to providing an exceptional learning experience that enhances the lives and careers of the professionals we serve. We are fast-paced, nimble, and laugh a lot. We all work from home offices in various locations across the country. We are dynamic, engaged, highly motivated, and highly skilled. We are passionate about our work and our professions and we’re looking for another team member to join our cause. We are certified as a great workplace, ranked #100 in Fortune’s 2022 Best Small & Medium Workplaces for Millennials, ranked #86 in Fortune's 2021 top 100 Medium-Sized Workplaces in the USand ranked #13 in Fortune's 2020 top 25 Small & Medium Workplaces for Womenby the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®. Learn more about us at continued.comand parent company lacallegroup.com.
We celebrate diverse voices within our organization and in the professions we serve, and we welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds. We strive to be an inclusive workplace where our team members feel empowered and supported in their careers. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious creed, disability status, veteran status or age. We are also committed to paying our team members at fair rates based on their skills and experience.
ABOUT THE TEAM
You will be joining the IT Operations team; though we are virtual and scattered across the country, we communicate frequently, have a tight-knit team, and support each other across roles and projects. We are driven by endless curiosity, a love of learning, and a desire to solve problems.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking an experienced Database Developer who is motivated and creative to support the database needs of our growing company. You will administer our database environments as well as help improve our data operations. This position reports to the IT Operations Manager and works closely with our Senior Data Engineer, Data Reporting Analyst, Systems Engineers, and Development teams.
- Full-time W2 position, work core U.S. business hours in your time zone
- Ability to fulfill the job requirements with or without reasonable accommodations
- Work from your home office
- Company-provided MacBook Pro, Internet stipend, etc
- Must be located in the United States and be legally eligible to work for us
- Travel is required for an annual company meeting, and may be required once or twice per year for team or project meetings
- We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision group health insurance, flexible spending accounts, telemedicine, accident insurance, and more
- We offer 21 days of flexible paid time off per year (increases with tenure) as well as your birthday and holidays (you may substitute any of the standard holidays for another public holiday such as bank/school or other regional or religious holidays)
- We offer a 401k match, professional development, charitable gift matching, robust wellness programs, and more
- Administer our MySQL Database environments, including backups, routine maintenance, recovery planning/testing, upgrades, and optimization.
- Create and optimize queries, processes, and procedures to aid in improving system functionality and performance.
- Work with Development teams to ensure complex queries and reports are optimized for scale.
- Work with Security Analysts & Systems Engineers to ensure the security, and reliability of our databases.
- Help drive and support our long-term data strategies by working with Data Engineers and Data Analysts to support data warehousing, analytics, and reporting.
To apply, please submit a cover letter with your application. In your cover letter, we’d love to hear about: 1) why you would make a great addition to our team; and 2) a project achievement you are particularly proud of and why AND/OR something you’ve learned recently, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance