Data Lead at Balena
We need one to Lead the design, implementation, and maintenance of systems and tools that enable data collection, processing, analysis, and monitoring at scale.
- Experience setting up and deploying data pipelines and stores in production
- Strong architecture, modeling, and analytical skills with a focus on data quality
- Knowledge of common tools and best practices for data processing and analysis
- Product intuition – learning about customers, articulating use cases, understanding their needs and challenges, and developing scalable solutions
- Ability to manage ambiguity, make trade-off decisions, and own projects end-to-end
- Continuous improvement mindset, and desire to make self and others more effective
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and fluency in English
- Experience with technologies like PostgreSQL, TypeScript, Kafka, and Docker
- Background in designing and developing analytics platforms and/or BI tools
- Experience working with analytics and marketing performance platforms (e.g., Amplitude)
- Background in partnering effectively with product and engineering teams
What you will work on
At balena, we aim to continually improve user experience by removing friction and maximizing adoption, engagement, and retention. As a Data Lead, you will develop a deep understanding of our platform and analytics ecosystem, and work closely with our engineering, data, and product teams to build, support, and enhance the infrastructure for processing various data streams and delivering sophisticated analyses.
You will develop scalable frameworks and solutions to empower analytics stakeholders to dig into the data, identify patterns, and answer their own questions. Your mission will be to strengthen our self-service analytics capability – enabling internal teams, and eventually, our end users, to explore, uncover insights, and make strategic decisions.
- Lead the design, implementation, and maintenance of systems and tools that enable data collection, processing, analysis, and monitoring at scale
- Establish standards, introduce and evangelize data engineering best practices, and drive the usage of new data products and tooling across the entire team
- Be hands-on with setting up pipelines and architecting data models, and coordinate event instrumentation efforts
- Support the team with tracking and storing data, exploring user paths, analyzing activity, and generating insights about the product and user behavior. Provide mentoring and training, as needed.
- Collaborate with engineers to build dashboards and UIs that provide visibility into product performance, user flows, funnel conversion, and feature adoption
Make sure to let us know if any of these items apply to you!