Data Engineer/Scientist at Medal.tv
We're looking to expand the team with someone who has experience setting up data pipelines and can help us make sense of what is happening on the platform, and make sure we serve users the content they like.
- Ideally 2-5 years of experience working with big datasets
- The ability to set up and help run the infrastructure needed to process data
- Experience with SQL or other query languages
- Knows at least one typical backend programming language well
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Proven ability to work proactively and collaborate with colleagues across cross-functional teams
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving skills — not only being good at it, but genuinely enjoying it!
- BONUS EXPERIENCE
- Java, Python, Terraform and/or Saltstack
- Amplitude or similar business intelligence platforms
Medal.tv is one of the fastest-growing consumer applications in gaming! Our users capture and share millions of videos every week, and connect with one another around their shared gaming experiences.
We are an international fully remote team, where everyone works autonomously with the expectations that you can be available for team syncs in the same core hours (9:00 am and 12:00 pm PST). The exact times and days vary per team.
Everything we do at Medal is in some way influenced by data; Product direction, new features, user content feeds. Everything is based on collecting the data necessary and creating feedback loops where we create, collect, analyze, and repeat.
We're looking to expand the team with someone who has experience setting up data pipelines and can help us make sense of what is happening on the platform, and make sure we serve users the content they like. The job will be a mix of collecting and processing data and helping analyze it to discover product opportunities.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Full Medical for employee and two dependents
- Full Dental and Vision for employee and all dependents
- Paid parental leave: 20 weeks for primary caregiver and 12 weeks for secondary
- Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)
- Team retreats
- A flexible, laid-back office environment, everyone works remotely!
- All the fun and frolics that come with working at a gaming company
WHAT YOU'LL HAVE TO DO NOW
We hope to hear from you! When you apply, please make sure to include:
- Links to apps you’ve released/portfolio, and a description of your contributions
- Links to any online profiles (Github, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your professional experience (resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter, or similar)
As a heads up, our typical recruitment process is:
- Phone screening
- Up to 4 interviews with different team members
- Reference checks
If you made it all the way here, include “gg” in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!