Data Engineer at Enterprise
We need one to Development of data models using DBMS that summarize complex data into usable, digestible datasets, dashboards, and reports.
- Strong experience writing SQL.
- Strong experience writing PLSQL.
- Experience with Spark SQL.
- Experience with Hadoop/HDFS.
- Familiar with job scheduling systems for orchestrating data pipelines.
- Experience writing shell scripts.
- Skilled in advanced SQL performance tuning, particularly involving complex PLSQL development, capable of re-writing SQL to reduce execution time.
- Strong understanding of distributed transactions between databases.
- Proficiency in OS X and Linux server environments.
- Minimum of 4 years developing SQL reports.
- Familiar with Azkaban, Trino, Hive, Kubernetes.
- Familiar with Cassandra, MongoDB, and SOLR.
- Knowledge of online media (video, music, publications, etc).
- Able to solve problems independently using available resources.
- Proactively seeks to develop solutions to complex problems.
- Spark SQL,SQL,PL/SQL,Spark,DBMS
• Responsibilities of the Data Engineer position include but are not limited to, the development and deployment of data models and reports that provide business intelligence to engineering and operations groups.
• Investigation, profiling, and resolution of performance bottlenecks attendant to the usage of the databases, either when loading or extracting. This will likely involve interaction with key users to ensure that performance is suited to their particular needs.
• Implementation of extracts and reports from the production databases, in support of repeated, periodic, automated requests, as well as ad-hoc requests as needed by key stakeholders.
• Development of data models using DBMS that summarize complex data into usable, digestible datasets, dashboards, and reports.