Data Analyst at CBRE
We need one to develop data structures and pipelines to organize, collect, cleanse, and standardize data in order to generate insights and address reporting needs.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from top tier school in computer science, math, engineering or related field with a minimum of 3 years of experience in quantitative analysis, data modeling, reporting, relational database tools, data warehousing, database architecture, and SQL, SAS and/or SPSS including 2-3 years technical experience in software development, machine learning or statistical analysis, data engineering and data visualization related work.
Responsible for ensuring the business makes better decisions through collection and usage of data. Ensures business data and analysis requirements are met by properly applying data concepts, including data structures, collection and cleansing, and structured and unstructured data analysis and reporting. Ability to collect, analyze, manipulate, and report on CBRE data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs ad-hoc, strategic analysis of structured and unstructured data across multiple data sources, reflecting global real estate markets and the operations of real estate assets.
- Develops data structures and pipelines to organize, collect, cleanse, and standardize data in order to generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
- Defines data requirements and gathers and validates information, using judgment and statistical tests.
- Utilizes programming and analytical tools, including open source programs including Python, R and SAS, SQL, Oracle, or similar relational database tools to formulate models and/or extract insights. Well versed in knowledge of creating algorithms, identifying patterns and insights from structured and unstructured data sets utilizing graphs, trees and/or other data representation techniques as required.
- Identifies and troubleshoots data integration and integrity issues in cooperation with the appropriate CBRE business units; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Identifies opportunities to maximize data usage, applying modeling and optimization methods to develop new strategies and improve business performance.
- Develops ad-hoc analytics and reporting based on analysis of existing data sources, utilizing a variety of tools (i.e. SSRS, Tableau).
- Exhibits analytical rigor, judgment, and ability to present a comprehensive 'data story' to multiple levels of the organization.
Other Duties as Assigned
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May coordinate and assign tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Experience with Microsoft BI stack (e.g., SSRS) a bonus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong analytical skills.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
- In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (EPEWA) we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be, or could be, performed in Colorado.
- If performed in Colorado, this position has a salary range of $115,000 - $126,000 with an opportunity for a company-wide annual discretionary bonus, through our PRP Bonus plan, of up to 10% of eligible pay.
- CBRE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
NOTE: An additional requirement for this role is the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing.