Creative Writer at Carnegie Dartlet
We need one who has Effectively translate Carnegie’s personality archetypes into storytelling content
- Proven writing experience in marketing, publishing, advertising, and/or higher education
- Demonstrable strengths in creative writing and storytelling, with samples available to review
- Excellent grammar and formatting skills, plus familiarity with commonly used style guides
- Ability to take on diverse tones and styles and maintain a clear and consistent brand voice that appeals to various target markets
- Keen sense of newsworthiness (what makes a story interesting from the audience’s perspective, in line with the purpose/goals of the piece)
- Proven ability to convert value propositions into narratives
- Ability to create original concepts that result in effective and compelling communication
- Interviewing skills and the ability to ask effective questions and develop rapport/trust with story subjects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both with clients and between colleagues and internal teams
- Self-motivated and well organized
- Ability to understand the needs of diverse clients, consumers, and target audiences
- Resilience to work across a number of projects simultaneously and balance a high-volume workload
- Ability to follow processes and meet deadlines
- Insight to identify problems and take measures to rectify them
- Carnegie’s Creative Writer must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field and have at least five years of formal writing and client-side experience in marketing, communications, higher education, or a related industry. Proven results thriving within complex communication projects between interdisciplinary teams are important. Applicants must provide a portfolio of demonstrated creative writing ability to be considered.
Working as part of a strategic consultancy, Carnegie’s Creative Writer plays a pivotal role in content construction for creative projects for higher education clients. They expertly develop and present strategic content recommendations and bring those recommendations to life through high-quality, story-driven copywriting.
The Creative Writer is able to work across a diverse product set, including ad campaigns, print, emails, scripts, website content, and other marketing communications. They are able to write beyond a journalistic or news-oriented approach in favor of deeply personified narratives that move and motivate audiences. They have a passion for understanding the client and consumer and creating original and personified content that unites them. Secondary projects may include research and strategy deliverables that require clear, consistent, and grammatically flawless technical writing skills.
Occasional travel and sound communication skills are required, as are critical-thinking skills, the ability to imagine new ways of expressing an idea, and the ability to work both alone and with cross-disciplinary team members.
- Effectively translate Carnegie’s personality archetypes into storytelling content
- Ensure consistency and accrual to client brand standards, messaging platform, campaign concept, student personas, and strategy
- Formulate clear and thoughtful content strategies to meet organizational objectives
- Move content strategies to action, creating high-quality, personified, cohesive narratives across communication types (print, web, social, video, etc.) in ways that distill complex messages and articulate new, desirable realities for audiences
- Elevate generic headers, body copy, and calls to action to be more emotive, engaging, and inspiring to student audiences
- Produce strategic content for analysis reports of all kinds
- Contribute to internal marketing projects as needed
- Represent content decisions on client calls when needed
- Occasional travel to help conduct creative trainings required
About Carnegie Dartlet:
For more than 30 years, Carnegie Dartlet has been a leader in higher education marketing and recruitment solutions. With access to more college-bound students than any other company, we help colleges and universities meet their enrollment goals. Our cutting-edge digital marketing capabilities deliver customized solutions for our clients.
Our team is energetic, enthusiastic, and passionate about our clients’ goals. We are looking for innovators who can contribute great ideas to our organization. Carnegie Dartlet embraces and affirms diversity of every kind. We believe passionately in the power of human connection, knowing that we are strongest when we bring a breadth of perspectives and experiences to our work. We celebrate differences within our team and actively promote inclusion in our workplace.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie Dartlet is an equal opportunity employer.