Cloud Platform (Kubernetes/AWS DevOps) Engineer at DIRECTV
in this role you will Design, develop, and support software that integrate various systems, automate operations and improve developer workflows
Here’s what you’ll need:
- BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Extensive experience operating and/or maintaining Kubernetes clusters, administering and troubleshooting Linux systems and developing shell scripts
- Experience with using and provisioning public cloud services (AWS, GCE, Azure)
- Thorough understanding of networking and DNS, the HTTP protocol and REST APIs
- Software development experience using a high-level, object-oriented programming language (Java, C++, Python, Golang)
- You have experience in Kubernetes, high-level programming languages (java, python, go), a decent understanding of Linux and its subsystems and some experience with public cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCE)
- More about us? We’re about supporting you.
At DIRECTV, we’re launching a technology experience that will blow your mind! This shouldn’t come as a surprise – we’re known for delivering some of the best tech and entertainment around. Now, we’re embarking on a new journey – fingers crossed you’re along for the ride. We’ve launched as a brand new company and are introducing the world to some of the best-in-class television and video streaming products. With your innovative spirit and our proven track record for success, we won’t just create an industry-leading streaming platform – we’ll deliver the world’s best entertainment experience to millions.
Do you have what it takes?
- You’re self-motivated and have a passion for Kubernetes, cloud services and software engineering
- You’re open to working fully remote and can work autonomously
- You like the idea of making changes that improve the speed, robustness and reliability of systems used across our organization to develop a product used by millions of customers
- You succeed in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with a “everything has a solution” mindset and a fearless “go-getter” attitude
- You communicate effectively across all levels of our organization
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Execute Kubernetes operations, including provisioning, upgrading, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Evaluate 3rd party system tools that integrate with our Kubernetes platform and develop the operational process and automation to deploy these tools
- Assess cloud services and determine their value to our platform and develop the operational processes and automation for integration
- Design, develop, and support software that integrate various systems, automate operations and improve developer workflows
- Collaborate with internal and external teams on design, architecture, code-reviews and process reviews.
- Continuously evaluate various parts of the platform for opportunities for security hardening and improvements in observability
- Evaluate new technologies and industry trends, develop proof-of-concepts and present findings to the engineering organization
- Communicate with developers and users of our platform to understand pain points, bottlenecks and desired features to propel improvements.
- Contribute to Open-Source project
As an Engineer working on DIRECTV’s API Platform, you’ll join a team that’s using some of the most cutting-edge, cloud-native technologies to deliver an extraordinary platform for running the back-end applications behind the best television video streaming product on the market. You’ll design, build and operate a collection of open-source systems and in-house software components centered around containers, Kubernetes, and public cloud technologies. Our team is improving performance, increasing automation and improving developer workflows for product development. Most importantly, we encourage collaboration, diversity of thought and look for those who seek to create the future.