Cloud Engineer (TypeScript / AWS) at Mutual of Omaha
Mutual of Omaha's Cloud Engineers design, develop and implement our next-generation cloud infrastructure for insurance and financial solutions. You will improve how millions of people access and interact with our products,
Professionally solved build, development and implementation challenges over the last 5 years, with two or more years in the following areas:
- TypeScript and an Object Oriented Programming Language
- Infrastructure as a Code
- Preferred: CDK, Cloud Formation
- Containerization with Docker
- Preferred: Kubernetes, Elastic Container Service (ECS), Fargate
- Relational Databases
- Preferred: Postgres, RDS Aurora
- Message/Data Streaming
- Preferred: AWS MSK, Kafka
- Build/manage cloud services by automating/orchestrating moderately complex processes using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) within a single cloud environment.
- Experienced with distributed cloud platform configuration, deployment, and lifecycle management automation tools.
- Proficient with scripting and APIs.
- Proficient with unit testing, integration testing, OOP design with inheritance and composition
- Understand hybrid-cloud topologies. Can integrate cloud and legacy on-prem environments.
- Understand security and compliance for cloud environment.
- Help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization
- Value different ideas and opinions
- Listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet
- Located in the United States or Puerto Rico.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging.
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and career development.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Remote opportunity and flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
Estimated Salary: $100,000 - $145,000, plus annual bonus
JOIN THE TEAM:
Mutual of Omaha's Cloud Engineers design, develop and implement our next-generation cloud infrastructure for insurance and financial solutions. You will improve how millions of people access and interact with our products, the way business partners support our customers and use data, as well as explore new technologies to meet better meet those needs.
It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity, and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team who makes it possible.
We recognize that people come with diverse experience and talent beyond just the requirements of the job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. If your experience is relevant to what you see listed, please consider applying – we’d love to hear from you!
- Git - Version Control
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Build/manage stable secure cloud infrastructure/networking using cloud orchestration capabilities, scripting languages and APIs to design, code, test, implement and support Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for Public Cloud.
Configuration of common cloud services in the production environment.
This posting reflects the Engineer II essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Engineer III role has variable essential functions and qualifications. Competency and skill set will determine the level of placement within the posted job family.
DIVERSITY, BENEFITS AND RECOGNITION:
- To learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, please visit our website
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Recognized as a certified Great Place to Work®
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
We are committed to optimizing flexible work. We support a full range of work approaches: fully remote, hybrid and in-person. Many of our roles are remote. Employees in remote roles may occasionally travel to a Mutual of Omaha office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Remote employees who are assigned a Mutual of Omaha office location can work on-site on a voluntary basis, subject to local and company COVID-19 guidelines.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.