C++ Software Engineer at Maxar Technologies
We need one who has Development experience with command and telemetry processing, mission operations, ground segments, and/or satellite software
Minimum requirements for this position:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- 2 years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field. Four additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Programming experience with C++ and Python
- Familiarly with infrastructure as code tools (Terraform) and CI/CD tools (GitLab)
- Experience building AWS services, including using serverless computing technologies (e.g., Lambda, ECS, EKS)
- Experience with a large shared codebase and continuous integration and deployment workflows and tooling
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to Have):
- Experience with microservice architectures and REST APIs
- Development experience with command and telemetry processing, mission operations, ground segments, and/or satellite software
- Experience designing and/or developing web-based observability, data visualization, and user interface applications
- Familiarity with relational, NoSQL, and/or time-series databases (e.g. MySQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, InfluxDB)
- Experience with utilizing automated testing frameworks (JUnit, PyTest, Boost)
- Experience with user-interface design/development (Tcl/Tk, Angular)
- Experience with service-oriented and micro-service architectures
- Strong written communications
- Highly focused self-starter that likes solving problems
- Loves learning and teaching new technical skills
Please review the job details below.
Are you passionate about challenging software problems? Maxar is currently seeking a Software Engineer to join our Space Software group. This position can be performed remotely within the U.S.
Your Project: You will join the Ground Software team responsible for designing, developing, and deploying telemetry and commanding products. The software you build will support engineering teams and mission operations for multiple satellites, including a core component of returning humans to the Moon. Come be part of building and delivering the next evolution of our ground software capabilities.
Your Career: The ideal candidate will drive innovation in our products as they develop and test highly-available and performant data-driven applications. The products you build will allow operators to safely and efficiently conduct testing, command spacecraft, and enable satellite telemetry processing. You will thrive with a strong bias for action and a sharp business sense, all while thinking big and delivering value incrementally. Your work will be backed by automated tests, which you'll help build. We are investing heavily in modernizing and unifying our software products which you will play a vital role in the evolution of. You will be free to design and engineer solutions to drive innovative, modern approaches to meet our user desires and customer requirements. A successful candidate will be a passionate developer who embraces modern software development and insists others do as well. You will introduce automation and evangelize new tools and processes within a collaborative team environment. No prior space experience is required.
What We Offer: Maxar Technologies offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a competitive salary, choice of medical plan, dental, life and disability insurance as well as a 401(K) plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid holidays and a generous time-off policy. Other select offerings include tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment, various professional development opportunities, fitness and wellness discounts, pet insurance, legal insurance, and adoption reimbursement. International benefits may vary depending on location.
What you'll do day-to-day (with your colleagues):
- Develop frontend and backend software for a high-performance, real-time data processing system
- Perform peer reviews and create automated test cases and procedures to verify software functionality
- Document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, and system interfaces
- Participate in software requirements evaluation, generation, design, implementation, and testing discussions.
- Identify opportunities to transition legacy-based systems into modern, high-performance, reliable software architectures
- Share your knowledge as you help grow your fellow software engineer team members
- Respond to incidents and anomalies through on-call support and improved automated performance monitoring & alerting
The Compensation range for this position in Colorado is $77,000 to $129,000 annually and is dependent on location, skills, and at least 2 years of experience.
The Compensation range for this position in Colorado is $94,000 to $156,000 annually and is dependent on location, skills, and at least 5 years of experience.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.