Backend Software Engineer II- Boost Messaging at Eventbrite
In this role you’ll work closely with a small team of bright, dedicated engineers improving some of our most core services, and providing valuable feedback to the rest of the company about the work they’re doing against these services.
THE SKILL SET
- Experience writing software in any modern language ( Kotlin, Java, C#, or Python, etc)
- Experience using a SQL database: MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc
- You have experience designing and developing APIs, both internal service and HTTP APIs
- Efficient, practical programmer with a record of producing maintainable code
- Ability to take initiative and produce results with great communication and collaboration skills - we put a lot of emphasis on being team players
- You are an effective communicator who enjoys mentoring junior engineers and learning from more senior engineers
- You have experience designing, architecting, building, and maintaining software applications at scale
- Experience using non-relational databases like Elasticsearch and Redis
- Comfortable developing in a container environment like Docker
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools like Jenkins or CircleCI
- Experience being on a scrum team and/or is a scrum master
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
Eventbrite is a people-first organization. Our goal of building the global platform for live experience relies on the foundation of top talent and strong company culture. Our team is the face of Eventbrite, and we’re charged with finding, attracting, and bringing on the best of the best to drive Eventbrite’s growing business and award-winning culture forward. Hiring the best talent globally is no easy feat. However, we have a talented team who has an inspiring story and mission. Our perfect candidate is someone who can connect that vision and story with top-notch talent.
The team is set out to help creators build and maintain their community of consumers through the email-campaigns tool. Our strategy in 2022 will focus on helping creators reach, expand, and engage their customer base through monetizable messaging features like premium subscriber lists, additional pricing tiers, and a revamped campaign flow, and improved usability of the existing platform.
In this role you’ll work closely with a small team of bright, dedicated engineers improving some of our most core services, and providing valuable feedback to the rest of the company about the work they’re doing against these services. In addition to that, you’ll develop features and APIs needed by other feature teams to meet their goals. This role will be instrumental in making the Eventbrite experience a great one for our event creators and customers.
THE TECH STACK
Eventbrite’s primary tech stack is Python, Django, and MySQL, all running on AWS, and this is the main sandbox we play in. However, because this team interfaces with many other teams, there’s potential for many other pieces of our broader tech stack (Redis, Cassandra, Kafka, ElasticSearch, etc). We are also moving toward a micro-service architecture and using a variety of newer technologies like gRPC.
You will have the opportunity to integrate with Eventbrite’s core systems and interfaces, which are built with Django on the backend, and React and Redux on the frontend. We are hosted entirely on AWS, with MySQL and PostgreSQL as the standard database technologies.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more.
- We care about your mental health and wellbeing.
- Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
- We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
- Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- We offer ongoing training and career development that meets people where they are in their careers.
- We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, leadership coaching for all managers, Briteling led talks, and weekly company-wide town halls with our CEO. We take culture seriously and design programs with employee feedback in mind to make Eventbrite a great place to work no matter where you work from in the world.
- Work-life balance & flexibility is extremely important to us.
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of hundreds of thousands of event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The company was founded by Julia Hartz, Kevin Hartz and Renaud Visage, with a vision to build a self-service platform that would make it possible for anyone to create and sell tickets to live experiences. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 290 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2021, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Sign up to keep in touch and we’ll let you know when we have new positions on our team.
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.