Backend Software Engineer at Tilt
Tilt is looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join our team and tackle design and engineering challenges in the pursuit of great product experience for our customers.
You’re a great fit if:
Backend Software Engineer
Team: Product & Engineering
Tilt (check us out here) is looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join our team and tackle design and engineering challenges in the pursuit of great product experience for our customers.
Who are we?
Our product aims to do one thing: make leave not suck. We’re building a simple leave platform for People Teams to support leaves (e.g., new kid, car accident, mental illness, etc.). Most everyone goes on leave. Most everyone hates the leave process. Tilt is fixing that.
We’re committed to iterating towards elegant (and often elusive) solutions to complex problems, whether we’re crafting a workflow system to manage various leaves, modeling a classifier to predict class labels, building a modern API to support partners, or computing complex leave pay.
There’s only one way for us to succeed: solve hard problems with the robustness of a big organization, but with the speed and agility of a small, collaborative group. Doing that requires a lot of autonomy, and everyone here is responsible for a substantial part of Tilt’s future. Each one of us is expected to step up to the plate and deliver on aggressive goals. And everyone shares enormous respect for each other and the hard work that goes into making an insanely great product.
Who are you?
Tilt is looking for Backend Software Engineers to help us build out our backend systems and infrastructure. You will build out the backbone of the leave experience by helping improve and strengthen the infrastructure responsible for powering our leave platform. You will work closely with other engineers and our product team to vet new features and functionality to improve the leave experience.
Day-to-day, you will get your hands dirty by:
- Help define the future of Tilt’s core platform and infrastructure.
- Create clean abstractions for performant services that will be used by Tilt frontend software engineers.
- Be a steward of privacy by design and software quality principles.
You’re a great fit if:
- 5+ years of experience building and maintaining production software in a back end focused or generalist role
- Experience or equivalent experience building scalable production applications using python/django.
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior engineers.
- Experience operating cross functionally with Engineering, Product, Sales, Customer Success teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and communicate over phone or video conference.
- HEALTH & FAMILY FIRST.
- AUTONOMY PLUS TEAM. ALWAYS.
- BE CURIOUS.
- LOVE OUR CUSTOMERS.
- FEARLESSLY FLEXIBLE.
This position is a full-time role reporting to the Engineering Lead with an annual salary of $130,000-$160,000USD plus stock options, because we believe everyone should have some stake in our business. We are people-first (this ain’t some PR jazz, we truly give a damn about our peeps) so in addition to a robust suite of ancillary benefits, we offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits for all employees with fully paid premiums. You must be authorized to work in the US.
Additional benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits paid at 100% for all employees and 50% for dependents.
- 401k + match (100% match on the first 3%, 50% match on the next 2%)
- $300 quarterly to spend on “What Matters Most”
- Responsible Time Off - take what you need, when you need it!
- More about our amazing Perks and Benefits can be found here!
We are a fully remote company. We are committed to being fearlessly flexible and ensuring that all employees are set up and have the autonomy to do their best work, as well as have the balance to care for their health, family and life outside of work. Overall, we trust our team and are focused on outcomes not outputs.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We celebrate and support our differences. We believe in the power of equality which is why we are an equal opportunity employer. Employment at Tilt is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications related to their professional competence. Tilt does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by law. We comply with all applicable national, state, and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.