Backend Engineer (Python) at Tier Mobility GmbH
We need one to Work on APIs and services powering our consumer-facing applications.
YOU’LL FIT GREAT WITH THESE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of decent backend development experience.
- You’re proficient with Python, FastAPI or Django.
- You are familiar with the restrictions of building services for mobile clients.
- You have built systems that can support millions of active users per day.
- You are confident with automated testing and high release frequency.
- You are confident with TDD, we are not dogmatic but we write a lot of tests.
- You are practical. You can assess and make tradeoffs.
- You are motivated to find new ways and drive to improve our best practices.
- Any experience in these techs would be great: Kubernetes, AWS, Kafka/RabbitMQ, GitHub, CircleCI, DataDog, Prometheus & Terraform.
THIS IS US
TIER Mobility is Europe's leading shared micro-mobility provider, with a mission to Change Mobility for Good. By providing people with a range of shared, light electric vehicles, from e-scooters to e-bikes and e-mopeds, powered by a proprietary Energy Network, TIER helps cities reduce their dependence on cars. Founded in 2018 by Lawrence Leuschner, Matthias Laug and Julian Blessin.
TIER is headquartered in Berlin and currently operates in 190+ cities across 20 countries in Europe and the Middle East. With a focus on providing the safest, most equitable and most sustainable mobility solution, TIER has been climate neutral since 2020.
Permanent employee, Full-time
We offer remote working from Germany, Spain, Netherlands, UK, Poland, Hungary, Greece, Austria.
THE ROLE AND YOUR IMPACT AT TIER
- Work on APIs and services powering our consumer-facing applications.
- Collaborate together to plan, execute, and analyze experiments and features to drive activation, engagement, retention, revenue, and ultimately—growth!
- Work on team's services, which form a core part of revenue generation and serve millions of customers.
- Be part of a fully cross-functional team and work closely together with backend/frontend engineers, product designers, and product managers.
GET AN IMPRESSION OF THE GROWTH SWARM
Our Growth Swarm aims to acquire & activate, engage and retain users, and monetise them properly. Product teams works closely with CRM and Revenue teams to run experiments across the entire AARRR user journey (Acquisition, Activation, Retention, Referral, Revenue). We constantly improve our products, such as Signup, Shop Subscriptions, Pricing Models, Loyalty Program, In-App Support Chat, Refer a Friend, Vouchers & Coupons, and others.
THIS MAY INSPIRE YOU
- Join us at the forefront of one of the most exciting and rapidly moving industries
- We’re agile, we’re growing and so will you! At TIER, there’s space for exponential professional development and room to make a huge impact on the business going forward
- Being part of the team means you’re part of its success. Our ESOP program gives you an opportunity to have a share in the company – nothing like invested interest!
- For Head Office roles - We support your growth with an annual development budget
- Surf your city with free rides on our e-scooters and e-mopeds
- Diversity and inclusivity is super important to us, so enjoy initiatives & programs such as #WomenofTIER
- Expect company onboarding and team events with international colleagues from all over the world
- Benefit from flexible hours and our remote work options
- Profit from competitive compensation combined with perks like memberships with Urban Sports Club, Blinklist and Headspace
- Be part of one of the fastest growing and most funded startups in Europe with a world-class team of serial entrepreneurs (Co-founder of Rebuy, Takeaway, and Coup) and high-performers (Ex BCG, Uber, JPMorgan, Delivery Hero, and more)
- Depending on the role and location your benefits may differ.
- We actively encourage a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters each employee’s individuality at TIER. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for your application, regardless to your nationality, ethnic or national origin, skin colour, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Come as you are and join our ride!
- In case you are living with disabilities, chronic illness or neurodiversity please inform us, to provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
- If we could spark your interest and you want to change mobility for good with us, apply now and let us know why you’re the one for the job! We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us. Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are all learners!
We are looking forward to your application!