Backend Engineer - Data Platform at Sight Machine, Inc.
We need one to Design, architect, and implement components of our streaming ETL platform in a way that minimizes bugs and ensures reproducibility
- 5+ years of industry experience building robust backend systems
- Experience building high performance systems with Java / C++
- Experience developing highly-concurrent systems
- Experience with data-intensive applications with high complexity eg ETL or other data pipeline system
Nice to haves:
- Expertise with database internal structures such as B-trees and LSM trees
- Experience testing distributed systems for performance and accuracy
- Experience with docker orchestration (ECS, k8s, etc.)
Sight Machine strengthens manufacturers by providing the industry’s only platform for standard data models and system-level visualization capabilities. By integrating all crucial data into a single platform, everyone involved in the fabrication process can visualize, contextualize and examine data in one intuitive interface.
Sight Machine is a data platform for the collection, warehousing, and analysis of manufacturing production data. It allows everyone from executives to operators on the plant floor to use and understand manufacturing data. The platform applies complex customer-specific rules to collect, combine, and use data from a variety of factory sources, including manufacturing lines, quality labs, and maintenance systems. The data we work with spans a wide variety of industries and configurations, presenting a challenging problem for streaming data processing. We are looking for team members to help us build, maintain, and improve the application that makes Sight Machine the leading provider of manufacturing data pipelines and analytics.
- Design, architect, and implement components of our streaming ETL platform in a way that minimizes bugs and ensures reproducibility
- Take ownership of end-to-end quality from design through implementation and testing
- Participate in code review with peers and work to continuously improve the quality of the ETL codebase
- Monitor, diagnose, and resolve bugs and performance bottlenecks in production systems
San Francisco or Remote (ability to work in US required)
Benefits + Perks
We value you at and outside of work and know your loved ones are important. Our benefits are designed to support you and your family’s health through life’s expected and unexpected events.
Our Benefits Include
Competitive Salary + Equity
Health Care Coverage + Life Insurance + Health Savings Account + Flexible Spending Account (includes spouse + children)
Flexible Vacation Policy
Adaptable Working Schedule and Environment
Our Perks Include
Designated Volunteering Hours + Group Volunteer Events
Casual Dress Attire
Catered Lunches, Snacks and Beverages
Commuter Savings Program
Game room at the San Francisco office
Sight Machine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Sight Machine also considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
About Sight Machine
Founded in Michigan in 2011 and expanded to San Francisco in 2012, Sight Machine blends the spirit of technology innovation and the down to earth style of Detroit manufacturing. Our team includes early leadership from Yahoo, Tesla Motors and Oracle. Together, we share wide industry knowledge and a commitment to advance manufacturing to a more sustainable future.
Sight Machine is committed and mission-driven to improve lives, strengthen communities and make the world cleaner through continuously re-envisioning manufacturing processes - making them more efficient, sustainable and absolute.