Backend Engineer at Chartbeat
As a Data Engineer at Chartbeat, you will be designing, building, scaling, and maintaining our data pipelines, data stores, analysis engines, and APIs.
- 3-5 years experience as a backend software engineer
- Experience writing software with Python
- Creation of maintainable software with documentation, tests and flexible design
- Knowledge of API styles like REST
- Build data pipeline that support multi tenant usage and ETL for large, high-scale applications (experience with Snowflake or PostgreSQL is a plus)
- Interest in working with and building distributed systems (e.g. technologies like Zookeeper, Kafka)
- Collaborate with Product, Frontend Engineers and Data Scientists
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to building an inclusive and collaborative working environment
- Available for occasional OnCall duties
- An interest in designing technical solutions to open-ended product problems
- Passion and enthusiasm about learning and teaching new technologies
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States
Chartbeat’s (www.chartbeat.com) mission is to help content creators around the world better connect with their audiences. Leading media brands — including The New York Times, ESPN, the Washington Post, the BBC, and CNN — trust our suite of analytics and optimization tools to understand digital audience behavior and strengthen their content strategies.
You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance
As a Data Engineer at Chartbeat, you will be designing, building, scaling, and maintaining our data pipelines, data stores, analysis engines, and APIs. You will primarily be contributing code within a cross-functional team, typically a few engineers, a designer, a data scientist, and a product manager. You will also participate in the engineering on call rotation to monitor and maintain the health of our production systems.
Compensation and Benefits
We are proud to offer our team members a competitive compensation plan that includes stock options for all full-time employees and a 401K program with an immediately vesting match.
- 401K (company match 100% of the first 3% and 50% of the next 2%).
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Parental Leave
- Pre-tax transit cards
- $30/month book stipend
- $250/year learning and development
- State-of-the-art technology
- Flexible hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Company-wide outings
- Employee-led classes
The pay range for this position is $135-150K per year. Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to the applicable law.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
At Chartbeat we strive to create and continually grow as a company where all employees are able to be their authentic selves. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, and retaining employees from different backgrounds, viewpoints, and experiences. Our strength is our diversity and we are dedicated to continuously reflect upon, and evolve our efforts to maintain a diverse, equitable and inclusive ecosystem.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Chartbeat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Employers will see your profile when they are sending a job in your skill.
Create Your Profile (simple)