Back End Developer at RoosterMoney
We are looking for a talented and motivated Back End Developer to support the development team and provide further back end function in line with company growth, business as usual and feature enhancements.
- With your previous skills in developing you will have a proven track record in the following:
- Demonstrating a solid understanding of NodeJS
- Experience working in Agile development process
- Experience with Typescript
- Excellent understanding of HTTP Methods / Restful
- Previously worked with JSON web services
- Good knowledge of GIT (Peer Review)
- Experience of monitoring and optimising Endpoints (performance and Scale)
- Experience with Automated testing (Jest)
- Comprehensive Knowledge of SQL (PostgreSQL / T-SQL / Presto)
- Knowledge of Architectural patterns
- Knowledge of NoSQL - (DynamoDB, Mongo)
- Knowledge of ORM
- Experience with Swagger / OpenAPI
- Knowledge of AWS services such as:
- ECS - Containers
- CI/CD approach and solutions (TeamCity / Github Actions)
- Linting Software (ESLint / TSLint)
We are looking for a talented and motivated Back End Developer to support the development team and provide further back end function in line with company growth, business as usual and feature enhancements. This is a remote role open to candidates based in the UK.
RoosterMoney is a pocket money app and prepaid debit card that helps parents teach their kids the value of money in a digital age. Simple, progressive and gameful, we bring to life all the sound traditional financial principles we were brought up with (or wish we were!) and make managing money smart, fun & relevant for the modern world.
We believe the world would be a better place if we all talked about money a little earlier on in life. Research shows that our money habits are formed by the age of seven. Thatâs a pretty amazing opportunity to help give kids a head-start in building habits that will stick with them for life.
We operate a remote first culture, but make time to all get together every couple of months.
Hundreds of thousands of families have downloaded the RoosterMoney app since our launch in January 2016.
RoosterMoney has been featured in The Times, Telegraph, Guardian, Financial Times to name a few. Weâve been on the BBC and are considered experts in our field.
Alongside our virtual pocket money tracker, we offer the Rooster Card, a prepaid Visa card for kids with parental controls. We are scaling rapidly which offers lots of scope to grow for anyone joining the company.
Roostermoney recently became part of the Natwest Group. With the backing of Natwest, one of the UKâs largest high street banks, we can help even more parents and children build their financial confidence and capability. The vision of Natwest aligns strongly with our own and their commitment to improving financial capability matches our shared passion for helping to teach children about money. This offers exciting opportunities for both our team and customers.
- Work with a fun, passionate team building something awesome
- Flexible hours and competitive rate of pay
- Regular team get-togethers and social events
- Remote working (but will regular meet ups in Bristol & London)
Skills & requirements
You will operate with a high level of autonomy as a key player working within the development team. You are passionate about helping families teach children the value of money and excited about working on a global platform with a big social mission.
You will be a strong problem solver, organised, and great at communicating with others. We look for T-shaped people who have a core set of skills they can bring to the team and the ability to build on new ones. Whatever the problem or opportunity, you find the best solution in the quickest amount of time.
You are a NodeJS developer, and will be working across the RoosterMoney platform to build solutions that are highly scalable and focused on user experience. With further experience in:
- Building solutions
- Shipping quality code
- Develop robust deployment and testing processes
- Sharing knowledge to make the platform the best in class.
This is a remote working position within the UK. We are a small team so a good cultural fit and understanding our remote working culture is really important. We meet as a team on a regular basis in London or Bristol (every 6-8 weeks).
Apply if you want to:
- Work closely with a small group of determined, like-minded people to reshape the way families talk and engage with money.
- Be proud of being part of a team shipping quality code that is easy to test, maintain and build on.
- Be a part of building a pocket money and financial education platform including Financial Payments and virtual money.