AWS DevOps Engineer at i4DM
We're seeking talented and bright team players who are passionate about technology and want to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and ego-free culture while applying a creative approach to problem-solving.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as an AWS Cloud Engineer.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with CI/CD pipeline creation and management
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications - preferably with Kubernetes
- Minimum two (2) years of experience monitoring CI/CD pipelines with tools like CloudWatch
- Demonstrated proficiency with technologies like Git, Jenkins, and Kubernetes
- Demonstrated proficiency with several AWS native services including ECS, EKS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, DynamoDB, Transcribe, Athena, Simple Queue Service (SQS), WAF, CloudFront, QuickSight, KMS, or Cognito.
- Have the ability to create and convey the architectural vision for a program or project.
- Have the ability to establish and enforce standards and practices.
- Have some experience with Federal government agencies, work with Gov Cloud is strongly preferred
- Have an understanding of agile frameworks.
- Military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates will need to obtain Security Clearance of Public Trust once hired.
- Work is full-time 100% remote.
AWS DevOps Cloud Engineer
i4DM is seeking an AWS DevOps Cloud Engineer to join our fast-growing IT-project based consulting business. We're looking for a well rounded team member to design and configure cloud native platforms and services as well as establish, monitor, optimize and maintain DevSecOps components such as the CI/CD pipeline. Our engineer will recommend and implement tools and solutions based on research of the current environment and knowledge of various on premise, cloud based, and hybrid resources. Strong working knowledge of both AWS GovCloud Engineering and DevOps principles is critical in this role.
i4DM is a full-service information technology firm established in 2002. We work closely with clients to gain an understanding of their environment, assess the available technologies, and build innovative solutions to quickly gain a competitive advantage. It is our mission “to apply innovative technology to transform data into knowledge, so that people can make better decisions."
We're seeking talented and bright team players who are passionate about technology and want to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and ego-free culture while applying a creative approach to problem-solving. By joining our team, you’ll become a part of a fun and diverse team of talented and creative people who share the goal of using the latest technology to solve business challenges. You’ll work with a team to help our client overcome their most difficult challenges in the cloud. Additionally, you’ll grow your skills in areas like cloud-based security, agile at scale, and multi-cloud architectures.
Our AWS DevOps Engineer will work with a mix of technical experts, application developers, business analysts, and testers to support a significant cloud modernization effort for a large federal agency. Our team member will design, configure, test, monitor and optimize AWS GovCloud services (IaaS and PaaS) to deliver the solution. Additionally, the AWS DevOps Engineer will support containerization and automation through the CI/CD pipeline and implement strategies that will drive efficiency and stability for the DevOps effort.
- Actively participate on an Agile-Scrum team to understand the business challenge, the definition of success, and the use cases being implemented
- Evaluate, analyze and recommend AWS cloud native services, including both Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS), to meet customer requirements.
- Design, implement, configure, deploy and monitor AWS cloud services to meet the needs of the business
- Deliver cloud native DevOps automation through the CI/CD pipeline and containerization using Kubernetes and/or AWS ECS and EKS.
- Implement cloud monitoring tools such as CloudWatch and CloudTrail, integrate them into the customer’s DevOps processes, and optimize the cloud solution based on the results of such monitoring
- Work with Solution Architects to validate architectural runway and incrementally evolve capabilities
- Use the latest cloud technologies to look for ways to improve the environment
- Build a cloud-based technical architecture that meets the needs and takes advantage of cloud capabilities
- Implement AWS services to improve security posture, in alignment with the customer’s DevSecOps processes.
- Perform on premises to cloud migration as well as commercial cloud to GovCloud migrations
- Provide technical support on the AWS environment
- Document aspects of the AWS environment
- Ensure the high availability, resiliency, performance, business continuity and compliance capabilities of our cloud services
- Lead efforts in automation, builds, deployment, and configuration management.
- Manage the CI/CD pipeline throughout the engagement