Automation Test Engineer I at Paychex
As an Automation Test Engineer I, you will design, develop, execute and maintain automated test scripts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 1 year of experience in related field.
Overview: As an Automation Test Engineer I, you will design, develop, execute and maintain automated test scripts. You will utilize test tools to create automated test suites that are robust, performant and reusable, enabling your Agile team to deliver high-quality releases more efficiently. As an Agile team member, you will collaborate closely with development, product and other cross-functional groups to deliver high-quality products. Responsibilities:
- Participate on an Agile team to deliver best-in-class technical testing solutions
- With guidance, design, create, optimize, and refactor automated test scripts for client-server, web and mobile applications
- Ability to write, execute and debug basic automated test suites related to: Web, API, UI, database, functional, Regression, smoke, black box, performance/load and end-to-end testing
- Consult and collaborate with Test Automation SMEs as needed to solve technical roadblocks and coordinate integration of automated tests.
- Partner with Application Test Leader and agile team members to ensure proper test case coverage in all automated scenarios.
- Reviews and provides input on proposed new business requirements and their specifications and design documents to gain a thorough understanding of the application and/or infrastructure changes that are to be System and Regression tested.
- Reviews user documentation and training materials related to the application changes and/or infrastructure changes for accuracy and completeness.
- Provides testing estimates required for user stories based on business requirements, specifications and designs.
- Acquires and utilizes in-depth business, software application and technical knowledge to maximize effectiveness and quality when completing or assisting in the completion of testing tasks.
- Researches and resolves issues related to testing tasks in appropriate time frame in order to assure test planning schedules are met.