Application Development Manager at AlphaStaff
The Application Development Manager will provide leadership in aligning software development with business objectives for assigned business applications and technologies.
- Minimum of 5+ years of management experience in Software Development.
- Minimum 10+ years of full-cycle software development experience, including .Net development.
- Expertise and strong knowledge of technologies such as Azure, .NET, MVC, React, Razor, Angular, SQL, scripting, and report writing.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with expected due dates in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lead, coach, and mentor diverse personalities.
- Coaching and leadership skills to stay in line with industry trends.
- Comfortable working in cloud environments such as Azure or AWS
- Ability to assess current talent, as well as talent gaps, and prioritize and enable professional development opportunities for team members
- Strong hands-on skills on SQL Server 2016/2019, including analyzing and debugging tools, query optimization, transaction handling, stored procedures, triggers, and views.
- Excellent understanding and skills associated with API integrations and SAAS architecture
- Knowledge of source control tools and development tools such as Visual Studio.
- Attract, develop, and retain talent to achieve a strong team; and develop own technical,
- Ability to program in programming languages such as C#, HTML, CSS, SQL, T-SQL, JSON, etc.
- Possess an understanding of application programming, database, and system design.
- Typical candidates would have a bachelor’s degree, but extensive relevant experience may substitute.
- Expert-level understanding and experience with Identity and Access Management (Okta platform, OAuth, SAML, SSO, etc.)
- Certified Application Developer is a plus.
The Application Development Manager will provide leadership in aligning software development with business objectives for assigned business applications and technologies. The incumbent provides overall direction and guidance to the application team. Ensures alignment with the overall business strategy and the team's management to drive projects and initiatives that help the business meet its annual objectives. The Manager drives integration and development across multiple groups and phases to ensure the execution of project work plans. Determines department priorities and ensures software development objectives are met.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the application team and ensure project plans and delivery commitments are met using scrum meetings and other reporting.
- Lead application testing, code review, and the design and development of new integrations and applications developed in-house or by third-party vendors.
- Oversee the business analytics, software development work, and quality assurance of projects for assigned systems/technologies.
- Lead the transition from waterfall workflow to an agile working environment
- Work closely with customers, other IT managers, and management to identify and maximize opportunities to use technology to improve business processes
- High-level knowledge/expertise in Legacy and .Net development, implementation, and maintenance of business applications.
- Design, write, maintain, support, test, debug, implement, and improve application source code and interfaces.
- Manage technical coordination between AlphaStaff and third-party vendor software and implementation teams.
- Maintain internal and external applications focusing on the self-service components used by AlphaStaff clients and employees while ensuring the applications can be scaled as needed.
- Help identify user needs and assign the creation of innovative applications or feature solutions to the appropriate developer.
- Write reports in report writing tools, with various backend databases (primarily SQL), including queries and reports to meet data feed and report requests.
- Identify, track, report on, and resolve issues promptly, ensuring that Leadership is aware of any global issues that could affect the organization.
- Develop new processes while improving existing SOPs, developing technical documents, and training to accurately represent application design and code and educate users.
- Download and apply patches and upgrades to vendor-provided applications, which includes staying up to date with new releases and installation during off-business hours as necessary to avoid disruption to daily business activities.
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update, and add new features.
Willingness and ability to occasionally work during off-business hours (nights/weekends) for tasks such as testing, migrations, installations, etc., and occasional availability to resolve system issues.
Compensation and Perks:
- Competitive salary.
- Generous employee benefits package including major medical (currently 90% employer covered for employee), dental, vision, LTD (100% employer covered), HSA, FSA, and more.
- 401(k) plan with company match.
- Growth and development opportunities.
- Your holistic wellness matters to us. We have a year-round wellness calendar of events, a corporate wellness coach and personal trainer who manages our wellness program throughout the year, fitness classes, fitness challenges, and an employee assistance program for employees and their family members.
- Employee Discount Program.
- Vacation, holiday, birthday, and volunteer time off.
This is a remote position, but hybrid is preferred. Our headquarters are in Sunrise, FL.
Will be expected to visit the office occasionally for meetings.
AlphaStaff is majority-owned by its management team, giving it the freedom to invest in its employees and client relationships to drive long-term value. We are constantly finding the best solutions to meet our clients’ needs with a dynamic and adaptable approach. We help our clients improve talent management, compliance, employee benefits, and HR technology by creating tailored solutions. Our experienced leadership team comprises thought leaders in the human capital management and insurance sectors. We are constantly looking for “athletes” – driven and passionate individuals, to join our dynamic team. Our company culture emphasizes diversity and a collaborative environment where everyone’s opinion is valued.
AlphaStaff, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), past or present military service, disability, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. AlphaStaff, Inc. also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on these protected categories. To help ensure a safe, healthy, and productive work environment for our employees and others, to protect company property, and to ensure efficient operations, AlphaStaff, Inc. has adopted a policy of maintaining a workplace free of drugs and alcohol. Employees and applicants may be requested to submit to drug and alcohol testing by applicable law—Salary range available upon request.