API Developer at General Dynamics Information Technology
We need one to Analyze user/business needs and functionality to plan and design software systems to meet those needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in a computer science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
- 10+ years of professional IT experience
Security Clearance Level:
- NACI (T1) (obtain & maintain)
- The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years. The selected candidate cannot have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days and no more than 180 cumulative days. We can only accept Green Card Holders or US Citizens for this program.
Required Skills and Abilities:
Minimum of 8 - 10 years of experience related to:
- Experience with OpenAPI (OAS)/Swagger API specification development
- Experience with Web application frameworks allowing REST, JSON, etc. integration such as Spring & Struts
- Experience with Apache Kafka (including the Confluent platform)
- Experience with Microservice development
- Experience in Spring / Spring Boot
- Experience in Kubernetes
- Experience in Docker
- Experience in Java
- Experience in Linux
- Experience with container orchestration (Openshift, Rancher, etc.)
Seize your opportunity to make a personal impact as an API Developer supporting the United States Postal Service (USPS). GDIT is your place to make meaningful contributions to challenging projects and grow a rewarding career
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. You will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter.
HOW AN API DEVOLOPER WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Performs all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Analyze user/business needs and functionality to plan and design software systems to meet those needs.
- Creates a variety of models and diagrams that show programmers the software code needed for an application.
- Performs software updates, refinement, testing, and debugging to meet business needs.
- Prepares and analyzes reports on software project specifications, activities, or status.
- Document the software or system process for future maintenance and updates.
- Create RESTful API based on the Java Spring framework that run as microservices on Kubernetes within Docker containers
- Create Kafka producers based on the Java Spring framework
- Using Apigee, implement requirements of the API layer
This position Remote
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- Full-flex work week to own your priorities at work and at home
- 401K with company match
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
- #gditcareers #api #developer #spring #java
- The likely salary range for this position is $118,810 - $198,411, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
- View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.