Android Engineer at WeTransfer
As the Transfer Mobile team, we are currently focused on bringing that intuitive and (on the surface) simple file-sharing experience to native Android and iOS.
What we are looking for
- You empathize with our users' needs and care about delivering an intuitive, simple and delightful user experience.
- You have experience of building maintainable Android apps and keep up-to-date with the platform's capabilities.
- You are proactive in proposing ideas for improvements - whether in improving stability and quality of our apps or new ideas for our products.
- You believe in our ethos of simplicity over complexity, and uniformity over heterogeneity. For us, technology is not a goal, but a tool to execute on our mission.
- You are comfortable communicating in written English and value open communication and good teamwork to achieve a shared vision.
- You value continuous learning and knowledge sharing with your teammates and the developer community.
- You are growing in your ability to use data to inform decisions on prioritization, as well as in debugging to find the root cause of an issue quickly.
- You have experience with CI/CD pipelines and value the benefits of automation in them.
- You have the ability to work on projects in iterative cycles - across features, tooling and processes.
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 87 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.*
As the Transfer Mobile team, we are currently focused on bringing that intuitive and (on the surface) simple file-sharing experience to native Android and iOS. We work closely in a multidisciplinary team with product managers, designers, as well as other engineering teams throughout the product lifecycle to design, build and release new features to our millions of mobile users. Beyond feature parity, there is still much more for us to explore and develop in terms of providing our users with a delightful native mobile experience that enables them to be inspired, cultivate their ideas, and express their work. We want to leverage the best each platform offers in an inspiring and innovative way.
As part of our Android team of 4 developers, you will be:
- Working in the Android ecosystem to develop the WeTransfer mobile app, as well as potential future development and maintenance of the wider WeTransfer suite of creative products.
- Building an experience that leverages the uniqueness of the Android platform. Working closely with designers and product managers to develop the best experience suited to the platform, not just a copy of the iOS app.
- Architecting and developing an app used by millions of users - delivering value to our users in manageable iterations, while taking calculated risks to raise the bar of what we offer.
- Have the opportunity to be part of building and growing the Android team with our increased shift towards mobile platforms.
- Following our engineering mission and strategy to work towards our vision of simple systems, end-to-end ownership, always being data informed in a culture of learning and sharing.
A note on remote*
Our work environment is hybrid-remote, meaning that we support our employees to work remotely and in the office. We encourage employees to decide for themselves and with their team whether or when to go to the office. However, we recommend that you don't come to the office more than 2-3 per week - since that wouldn't be hybrid anymore.
While it is not necessarily a determining or disqualifying factor for any role, you may be required to complete a standard employment background screening._
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time