Android Developer at Pepper Media Holding GmbH
We are looking for an enthusiastic Android developer who will join our mobile team in Lyon.
These skills will make you successful in your role:
- You are skilled with the Android development ecosystem, and you already have experience in the field.
- You are keen on Kotlin but you’re not afraid of working with Java.
- You are in love with coding. You like spending time to improve your skills and comprehension of the languages and frameworks you use daily
- You embrace Jetpack Compose
- You are riding with Flows and Coroutines
- You already played with Android Architecture Components
- You have some experience writing unit and instrumented tests
- You know what an API is and how REST web-services work and are queried
- You hate to see unoptimized or unstable apps.
- You always think about the people using your apps: you want everything you do to be beautiful and usable. The app store ratings and comments are important to you.
- You have experience working in an agile environment
- You love sharing your knowledge or findings.
- You're fluent in English
- Your communication skills are top-notch
- The team is based in Lyon, but you can work remotely from any other country in a similar time-zone.
At Pepper.com we believe people should be influenced by expert opinions and not by marketing strategies. We want people to find the right product that fits not only their budget, but also their needs. We all have this friend that we call if we need shopping advice and in the online world that is Pepper.com. Our mission is to achieve exactly that, by giving the reach and voice to people like you and me who are passionate about deals and are willing to share their expertise with our communities around the world. We are building the best place for consumers to share their knowledge and learn from other experts to make the best decisions.
To achieve that we need you! Someone who shares our values and is just as passionate as we are about helping over 25 million people every month to make better purchase decisions.
Since 2011 we have been connecting smart shoppers on Dealabs.com so they can share the hottest deals, tips and ideas regarding fashion, electronics, travelling and much more. Dealabs.com joined the world's largest shopping community, Pepper.com in 2014 and today counts close to 300 000 active users.
Our little plus? A nice team and a good working atmosphere. We offer flexible working hours, a casual work environment, and regular team events and activities.
Tell us about yourself:
We are looking for an enthusiastic Android developer (f/m/x) who will join our mobile team in Lyon. Since you master the whole Android ecosystem and you're always up to date with the latest technologies, you will contribute to the development, publication, and maintenance of our app.
We are only working on one application (our own) and we strive to make it the coolest one possible !
Some perks of working for Dealabs.com:
- Contribute to the development of a product used by more than 25 million people in 10 different countries every month
- You will never miss a good deal thanks to our community
- Competitive salary
- Personal development budget for attending conferences and/or training workshops
- International and professional team of motivated people with flat hierarchies
- 5 Personal Development days
- “Hack” days to learn new technologies and skills
- We care about your mental health! You will have full access to our Employee Assistance Program
- If you choose to come into the office, you will be able to take advantage of : free meals (coffee, tea, pastas, cereals…) in a huge kitchen, table football, video-games, weekly workout, monthly parties…
What makes your job different from others?
We are not your classical startup as we actually do not have outside funding. This means we do not chase senseless KPIs to close our next funding round, but aim to make the right decision to lead us to be long-term successful. Pepper.com was founded in 2014 after hotukdeals.com (launched in 2004) and mydealz.de (launched in 2007) merged to build a global shopping community. We found multiple allies around the world to join our vision and are currently over 250 people, more than 40 nationalities split over 12 countries and 4 continents. With our oldest community being over 15 years old we are building things to last and hopefully change peoples’ lives for the better.
We believe hiring should be based on values, passion and soft- and hard-skills. While we acknowledge that we all have bias- gender, race, religion, origin, sexual orientation or age does not play a role in our decision process. Diversity and differences make us stronger as a company, and help us to connect with our community and with each other.
Are you the person we are looking for?
We are looking forward to receiving your application including your cv, motivation letter and of course any repository, side project or sample code you are proud of.