AI Engineer at Vorto
This role is roughly 80% software engineering and 20% data science. You will work with Go, TensorFlow, PostgreSQL, and various Google Cloud Platform tools to develop “the brain” of the platform.
Here are some qualifications we look for:
- Ability to design and implement AI tools in Go
- Experience in at least one ML framework, such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, etc.
- Experience building solutions involving algorithms, optimization, reinforcement learning, artificial neural networks, discrete event simulation and case based reasoning
- Ability to execute with little oversight and to solve problems quickly
- Experience with function/path optimization and some of the more common algorithms – linear programming, BOBYQA, A* Search, simulated annealing
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field
We are building software which enables businesses to be more economically and environmentally sustainable by digitally transforming the supply chain. As an AI Engineer at VORTO you will define the frontier of logistics optimization, supply prediction, and demand prediction.
About the Role
Every member of the VORTO team is laser-focused on innovating on behalf of our customers. This position is highly entrepreneurial in nature, hence it requires candidates who can develop a full picture of the business problem to ship end-to-end solutions.
This role is roughly 80% software engineering and 20% data science. You will work with Go, TensorFlow, PostgreSQL and various Google Cloud Platform tools to develop “the brain” of the platform. Specifically, you will:
- Solve problems using mechanistic, bottom-up thinking and statistical, top-down approaches
- Develop novel mechanisms by which to optimize supply chain
- Build and improve the intelligence behind our logistics simulations and market optimization algorithms
- Implement and ship models to predict the demand for commodities at nodes in a logistics network, the availability of supply, estimated arrival times, delays and more
At VORTO we are committed to developing our employees and providing them exciting opportunities to grow and prosper in their careers. We encourage you to visit our careers page and read this blog post to learn more about our culture.
We offer a competitive benefits package as well as numerous additional perks including:
- Remote work for those outside of the US
- Ability to relocate to the US-based on performance
- Paid company holidays and PTO
- Using the latest and greatest in tech stack for your professional growth
VORTO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.